This red, white and blue dessert will be a sweet finish to your 4th of July celebrations. The sweet berries paired with the tart lemon filling are a burst of flavor in every bite.
Berry-Lemon Cheesecake Squares
Recipe Courtesy of Pillsbury
1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
1 teaspoon milk
2 teaspoons sugar
½ cup whipping cream
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
¼ cup sugar
1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 cup fresh blackberries
½ cup fresh raspberries
½ cup fresh blueberries
Heat oven to 450°F. Unroll crusts on lightly floured work surface. With rolling pin, roll each crust to 11 1/2 inches in diameter. Cut 1 (8 1/2-inch) square out of center of each round. Cut 4 squares from each large square, making 8 (4 1/4-inch) squares. Fold up all sides of each square 1/2 inch and roll inward to form thick crust edge. Brush edges with milk; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar. Place on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
Using small cookie cutters, cut shapes out of crust scraps. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. In another small bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and the lemon peel on medium speed until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon rounded 3 tablespoons mixture into each pastry square. Arrange berries and crust cutouts over filling. Cover and refrigerate any remaining squares.
- Decadent Desserts: No Bake Turtle Pumpkin Pie, Gluten Free
- Savory Spinach Easter Pie
- Frozen Pink Lemonade Pie and More No-Bake Pies
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Pie vs. Pecan Pie
- Gluten Free Pecan Pie 3 Ways
- Pumpkin Pie Shots is an Efficient Way to Get Your Filling
- Food Fight: Pumpkin or Pecan Pie? Both! Gluten Free
- Classic Peach Pie and Other Summer Fruit Pies
- Show Your Patriotism With This Flag Pie
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Easy shredded pie with cherries (or jam, or berries, anything)
- Puff pastry dough made easy!
- Canola Oil Pie Crust
- Strawberry Bites
- Chocolate chip cookies, easier that buying:-)
- Peppermint Brookie Pies - gluten free, dairy free
- Mini Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- Miniature Strawberry Jam Cheesecakes