Key lime pie and summer go hand in hand. This dessert is sweet, tart, and best of all - easy. If you are unavailable to find fresh key limes to juice for this recipe, you can substitute with the bottled juice.
1/3 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
3 egg yolks
14 ounces can of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice
3 tablespoons water
green food coloring (optional)
Crust: melt butter and stir in 1/4 cup sugar. Add crushed crackers and toss to mix well. Spread evenly into a 9-inch pie plate and press onto bottom and sides. Chill 1 hour or until firm. Can also bake in a 375 degree oven for 4-5 minutes and then cool before filling.
In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks with a whisk or a fork. gradually whisk/stir in condensed milk. Add lime juice, water, and a few drops of green food coloring if desired. Mixture will thicken as you stir.
- Raw and Gluten-Free Key Lime Pie
- Killer Key Lime Pie
- Wheatless Wednesday: Gluten-Free Key Lime Pie
- Wheatless Wednesday: Raw Key Lime Surprise
- Kool Key Lime Pie
- Individual Key Lime Pie Recipe
- Adorable Key Lime Tartlets
- Video of the Day: Lime Boost
- Decadent Desserts: No Bake Turtle Pumpkin Pie, Gluten Free
- 7 Cheery Cherry Pie Recipes