Before you go out and buy a pint of ice cream this weekend consider making a batch at home. Not every recipe requires an ice cream maker (though even an inexpensive one does most the work for you), and there's nothing quite like homemade ice cream. Best of all, you can create flavors you'd rarely find in stores, like Olive Oil with Salted Caramel Sauce (sounds crazy, but it's divine!). I love to make a big batch of vanilla then divvy it up into smaller, more customized flavors using fresh herbs from my garden like basil, lemon verbena, mint and rosemary. Play around with spices (pink peppercorns, qalat daqqa, saffron!) and seasonal fruits to create your own blends. Discover 10 great ice cream, sorbet and gelato recipes below.
Patrón Tequila Chocolate Ice Cream
Recipe and image courtesy of Saveur & Todd Coleman
- What's the Scoop: Ice Cream vs. Gelato?
- Grilled Peaches with Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream
- Spicy Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
- S'more Ice Cream Pie for Father's Day
- Decadent Chocolate Stout Ice Cream
- Skinny Ice Cream Sundaes
- Cinco de Mayo Treats: Margarita Ice Cream
- Red Velvet Waffles with Cream Cheese Icing
- 5 Ice Cream Recipes We Love
- Spectacular Strawberry and Cream Cheese Ice Cream
- Snow Ice Cream, Vanilla
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Melted Ice Cream Cake with Espresso Butter Cream
- Baked Peaches With Blueberry Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream
- Mint-Chocolate Chip Ice-Cream Cupcakes
- Ginger Snap and Pumpkin Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Fresh Banana Ice-cream with Coconut
- Homemade Dulce De Leche Ice Cream (Eggless!)
- Toasted Marshmallow Ice Cream
- Crunchy Baked Cod With Asparagus and Dijon Lemon Cream