NITEHAWK CINEMA PRESENTS: SPIRITS, DINNER AND A MOVIE
GANGS OF NEW YORK featuring THE DEAD RABBIT
Fresh on the heels of their three-time win at the 11th annual Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Awards (International Bartender of the Year, World’s Best Cocktail Menu and World’s Best New Cocktail Bar), The Dead Rabbit’s Sean Muldoon and Jack McGarry will launch Nitehawk Cinema’s very first “Spirits, Dinner and a Movie” event on Wednesday, August 7th in Williamsburg. Teaming up with the best bartenders in the city, this series is the newest of Nitehawk’s creative repertory programming, combining moviegoer’s favorite things: fantastic drinks, food, and film.
The first feature is Martin Scorsese’s 2002 fictional historical drama, Gangs of New York, which depicts the violent rise of gangland power in New York City. Larger than life, the film has it all: history, love, loyalty, revenge, and true O.G. gang violence. The best part? As with Nitehawk’s “Beer, Dinner and a Movie” and “Film Feast” series, the audience will be served each course during the specific moments inspired by the film.
The Dead Rabbit: http://www.deadrabbitnyc.com/
AUGUST 7 - 7PM ($95)
GANGS OF NY - with The Dead Rabbit
Martin Scorsese • 2002 • 187 Mins. • USA • English • 35mm • Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Daniel Day-Lewis, Cameron Diaz, Jim Broadbent, Liam Neeson, John C. Reilly • R
In 1863, Amsterdam Vallon returns to the Five Points area of New York City seeking revenge against Bill the Butcher, his father’s killer.
Food & Cocktail Menu
Bill The Butcher
Redbreast 12 Year Old Irish Whiskey, poire eau de vie, lemon sherbet, Dead Rabbit Orinoco Bitters, mace tincture, boiling water, freshly grated nutmeg
The Dead Rabbit
Rabbit terrine, whiskey aspic, torn bread
Old Smoke Morrissey
Redbreast 12 Year Old Irish Whiskey, Dolin Rouge Sweet Vermouth, Chartreuse Verte, Bittermens Orange Cream Citrate, Pernod Absinthe, Dead Rabbit Orinoco Bitters
Three Square Meals
Bacon and red skinned potato hash, poached quail egg; smoked whitefish salad, celery, My Friend’s Mustard**; blue fish ceviche, lime, jalapeno, tomato
Reddy The Blacksmith
Redbreast 12 Year Old Irish Whiskey, Dead Rabbit Jamaican Rum Mix, Grahams LBV Port Wine, fresh lime juice, raspberry cordial, Dead Rabbit Orinoco Bitters
Whose Man Are You?
Port aged rib eye, champ, watercress
Paddy The Priest
Small serving of Guinness & Redbreast 12 Year Old Irish Whiskey
The Return of The Dead Rabbits
Rabbit loin, braised cabbage, mustard sauce
Blueberry and bourbon pie, Guinness ice cream
Harry The Soldier
Redbreast 12 Year Old Cask Strength Irish Whiskey, lemon & orange sherbet, Suze Gentiane, eucalyptus tincture, Dead Rabbit Orinoco Bitters, tamarind nectar, Assam tea
Food & Cocktail Menu is subject to change.
**My Friend’s Mustard (beer mustard born in Brooklyn, raised in Detroit)
locally made by friend-of-Nitehawk, Nick Dodge
Follow on twitter, #SpiritsDinner:
Ticket Link!!! http://www.nitehawkcinema.com/movie/gangs-of-new-york/
- Broker's Gin
- Home Bar Basics (And not so basics) by Dave Stolte
- Negroni Week!!!
- Whiskey Cocktails and forthcoming Tales of the Cocktail
- Hirschkuss German Herbal Liqueur and Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans
- Is CURE the Best Cocktail Bar in America? Yes!
- A Julia Child 100th Birthday inspired Mocktail and a Cocktail
- Last remnants of Tales and an exciting new Rum from Hawaii
- Sipping Vodka, Not SLUGGING vodka...
- The refreshing and electrifying Mercadito Cocktail from Milagro
- A sensational summer sip from Prince Edward Island, The "Eddy"
- A healthy twist on the Pina Colada
- Easy Mojito Recipe
- Cranberry Crush
- Cranberry Citrus Cocktail
- A timely take on the Old Fashioned
- Cinnamon Hot Toddy, infused with sunshine
- This is how I keep the cold away; gingery grapefruit gimlet
- Negroni, a cocktail worthy of royaty
- Ceviche de Camarones – Shrimp Ceviche