This healthy breakfast recipe makes it a-okay to eat chocolate in the morning! It's loaded with good-for-you oats, applesauce, chia seeds, cherries and made decadent with chocolate and cocoa powder.
Healthy Black Forest Baked Oatmeal
Added to Foodista by Munchin with Munchkin
1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
½ cup applesauce
½ cup fat free milk (or dairy free milk, to make vegan)
¾ cup pitted cherries (fresh or frozen)
½ Tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 375
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Spray a muffin tin with cooking oil. Fill the tin to the top with oats. It should make about six – eight oatmeal cakes.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. For a light crust, broil for an additional 3-5 minutes until lightly browned.
Serve on it’s own or with fresh fruit, yogurt, or milk.
- Must-Make Breakfast Recipe: Eggs in a Basket
- Must-Make Scrambled Egg-Stuffed Poblano Chiles With Spicy Cheese Sauce
- Two Must-Make Mexican Breakfasts: Chilaquiles Rojos and Migas con Huevos
- Must-Make Breakfast Mac and Cheese
- Must-Make Breakfast: Strawberry-Buttermilk Ebelskivers With Almond-Honey Glaze
- Must-Make Cream Cheese and Jam Stuffed Cinnamon Toast Waffles
- 5 Must-Make Turkey Chili Recipes
- Must-Make Double Peanut Granola Bars
- Must-Make Breakfast Recipe: Savory Feta Cheese French Toast
- Must-Make Recipes for Your Memorial Day Barbecue