These chicken skewers are a must-make for any barbecue lover! This recipe, from New York chef Chris Santos, is packed with savory and sweet flavor, from mustard and molasses to orange and spicy sriracha. We love grilling up chicken thighs as they stay tender and juicy and are full of flavor. Don't be deterred by the long list of ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand. They're worth it!
8 lbs. chicken thighs
30 flour tortillas
For the Chicken Brine:
1 cup sugar
½ cup salt
½ cup orange juice
2 cups hot water
2 cups cold water
For the Marinade:
½ cup mustard
½ cup molasses
½ cup Jägermeister
2 tb. parsley (leaves only)
2 tb. thyme, chopped
2 lemon, zest only
2 orange, zest only
6 garlic cloves
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tb. red pepper flakes
For the Blood Orange Aioli:
2 oz. roasted garlic
1 bottle kewpie mayo (34 oz. bottle)
2 tb. dijon mustard
2 tb. sriracha
2 blood orange, zest only
2 tb. blood orange juice
Trim your chicken thighs of excess fat and skin. Cut into 1 ½ inch cubes.
For the brine: Dissolve the salt and sugar in the hot water. Add the cold water and brine the chicken thighs for 2 hours. Rinse after brining.
For the marinade: Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together. Allow the chicken to marinade for up to 24 hours.
For the aioli: Place roasted garlic in a bowl and mash well with a plastic spatula. Fold in the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, orange zest, orange juice and sriracha. Season with salt and pepper.
Soak wooden skewers in wood until well-absorbed. Skewer your chicken – about 4 chunks of chicken per skewer. Grill the skewers over medium-high heat.
Use the grill to warm your tortillas. Slather each tortilla with the blood orange aioli and wrap each skewer in a finished tortilla.
- Grilled Mojito Chicken Bowls with Quinoa
- Quick and Easy Chicken Breast Sandwich Recipes
- 5 Tasty Chicken Wing Recipes
- 5 Crazy Good Chicken Burger to Grill This Summer
- 5 Super Easy Grilled Chicken Breast Recipes
- How to Make the Best Spiced Chicken Breasts
- 5 Best Chicken Salad Recipes for Summer
- Sizzling Chipotle Chicken Burger
- Easy Dinner Recipes: Grilled Mexican Chicken Sandwich
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken Legs and More Awesome Grilled Chicken Recipes
- Ginger Orange Chicken
- Grilled Chicken & Steak w Vegetable Medley
- Grilled Chicken and Sweet With Heat Boysenberry Barbecue Sauce
- Spatchcock Chicken & Turkey
- One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Barbecued Baby Back Pork Ribs and Bush's Grillin' Beans
- Just in time for grill season, terrific tips for the perfect steak
- Roasted Asparagus with Egg Salad
- Mocha Pecan Cheesecake on The Grill
- Chipotle Bacon Bombs on a Stick