It's the season for berries and we've been buying flat upon flat of raspberries! If you can't get enough of these plump red gems, you'll love this elegant and creamy panna cotta recipe from Grab a Plate. A delightful raspberry orange sauce is spooned over silky vanilla custard. Mmm.
Panna Cotta with Raspberry and Orange Sauce
Submitted to Foodista by Grab a Plate
Makes 6 individual servings
4 cups of half and half
1/2 cup mascarpone
1/2 cup sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon powdered unflavored gelatin
Zest from 1 orange
2 cups fresh raspberries (or frozen, thawed)
2 teaspoons orange juice
1-2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
Nonstick cooking spray
Spray 6 ramekins or juice glasses with the nonstick cooking spray.
Add the half and half to a saucepan over low-medium heat (don’t let the mixture get too hot or come to a boil).
When warm, sprinkle the gelatin over the mixture, and stir it to dissolve it.
Add the mascarpone and stir until melted.
Add the sugar, orange zest and vanilla, and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Remove from the heat and let it stand for about 5 minutes.
Pour the mixture evenly into the ramekins or glasses.
Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours, but ideally overnight.
Meanwhile, put the raspberries in a bowl and press them softly with a fork to produce some juice.
Add the orange juice and confectioners sugar and mix together. Keep the berry mixture refrigerated until you’re ready to serve the panna cotta.
When the panna cotta has set, move a knife around the edges of the ramekin or glasses to loosen it, and gently shake each onto individual plates.
Drizzle the berry mixture over each serving.
- 5 More Perfect Panna Cotta
- 5 Perfect Panna Cotta
- Thrifty Thursday: DIY Panna Cotta
- DIY Creepiest Halloween Treat: Panna Cotta Eye Ball - Gluten Free!
- Vanilla Panna Cotta with Berry Sauce
- Amazing Rainbow Panna Cotta
- Easy Dessert Recipe: Cranberry Almond Cheesecake Squares
- How -To Recipe: Caramel Chocolate Pot de Creme
- How-To Recipe: Mexican Flan
- A Sweet for Your Sweetie: White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Panna Cotta With Maple Drizzle
- Ginger-Lemon Panna Cotta with Brandied Berry Sauce
- Panna Cotta with Raspberry and Orange Sauce
- Apothic Granita and Vanilla Panna Cotta
- Vanilla Panna Cotta with Chocolate Ganache
- Panna Cotta
- Lemon Panna Cotta With Blueberry Sauce
- Orange Panna Cotta With Saffron and Star Anise
- Limoncello Panna Cotta With Blueberry Glaze
- Panna Cotta With Fresh Wild Berry Sauce