With the beautiful bounty of produce seen in markets right now it's easy to create bursting with flavor veggie-packed salads. We found ourselves with a near boatload of beans, corn, tomatoes and herbs from a recent trip to such a market, so I threw an assortment of these lovelies into a bowl (along with an on-hand can of white beans and a not-indigenous-to-my-region avocado and lime), and tossed it all together with a bright and citrusy cilantro dressing. This salad was pretty enough to be the centerpiece and it tasted just as good!
TIP: Serve this salad over or tossed with farro, quinoa or your favorite grain for your main course!
Summer Vegetable Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
1 bunch fresh cilantro, divided (Not a fan of cilantro? Try parsley or any blend of fresh herbs instead)
1/4 cup olive oil
Zest and juice from one lime (about 1/3 cup juice)
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
1 pound fresh fava beans, shelled
1 can white beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 large avocado, diced
4 small lemon cucumbers, peeled and diced (or 1 small English cucumber)
2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
For the dressing:
In a blender or small food processor, add half the bunch of cilantro (including stems), olive oil, and the lime zest and juice. Blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and adjust seasonings if necessary (more lime juice if you like it tangy!).
Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add shelled lava beans and cook for about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water. Remove the outer shell from beans and place in a large bowl.
Drain and rinse white beans and add to bowl. Add avocado, cucumbers, corn, tomatoes and a large handful of cilantro leaves. Add cilantro lime dressing and stir until combined. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.
- 3 Must Try Vegan Gluten Free Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Killer Kale Salads for Everyday Meals
- Meatless Monday: Pasta Salad with Zucchini and Summer Squash
- Meatless Monday: Vegetable Spring Rolls with Garlic Lime Dipping Sauce
- Easiest Ever Gluten Free Lentil Fennel Artichoke Salad
- Meatless Monday: Sweet and Nutty Kale Salad
- Meatless Monday: 3 Gluten Free Super Sweet Potato Recipes
- Meatless Monday: Vegan Butternut Squash and Lentil Pot Pie
- Meatless Monday - 5 Fabulously Gluten Free Side Dishes
- Meatless Monday: Spring Salad with Beets and Radishes
- Walnut Lentil Burgers with Tarragon
- Butternut Squash and Zucchini Lasagna-Gluten free, Vegan
- Green Salad With Lime Dressing
- Creamy Cilantro-Lime Salad
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing
- Black Bean Mango Stir Fry with Cilantro Lime Coconut Sauce
- Avocados With Cilantro Lime Salsa
- Tofu Vegetable Salad
- Salmon and Pasta with White Wine Sauce topped with Arugula Salad
- Meatless Monday :: Vegetable Quesadilla