If you love the flavors of rum, ginger and coconut water then we have the drink for you! The Dark and Nutty is our twist on the popular Dark and Stormy cocktail, a favorite among the sailing set featuring dark rum and ginger beer. We found ourselves lacking a necessary ingredient to make a Dark and Stormy - ginger beer - so we reached for two things we did have on hand: coconut water and fresh ginger. The result was a deliciously light and refreshing libation with the spicy flavors of fresh ginger. Perfection on a hot summer day!
The Dark and Nutty
Makes 1 cocktail
1.5 oz dark rum
Half a lime
1/2-inch knob of ginger pressed through a garlic press
Tsp fine sugar (or 1 packet Splenda)
4 oz coconut water
Sprig of fresh mint for garnish, optional
Shake with ice. Strain and serve over crushed ice.
- Thirsty Thursdays: Dark and Stormy
- Mother's Day Cocktail: I Said So Martini
- Dia de Los Muertos Cocktail: Devilish Manhattan
- 4th of July Cocktail: Purple Melon's Majesty
- Halloween Vodka Cocktail: Chocolate Raspberry Potion
- Hemingway's Cocktail: the Daiquiri 5 Ways
- Winter Cocktail: Sunlight on Snow
- Halloween Rum Cocktail: Apple of My Pie
- Classic Cocktail: Whiskey Sour
- 4th of July Cocktail: Strawberry Sparkler
- A healthy twist on the Pina Colada
- Nutty Almond Cookies
- A sensational summer sip from Prince Edward Island, The "Eddy"
- Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Easter Eggnog
- Nutty Cake
- Easy Mojito Recipe
- German Beef Rouladen - An International Classic Recipe with a Hungarian Twist
- Ceviche de Camarones – Shrimp Ceviche
- Grace's Twist On Chicken Adobo!
- Mostaccioli, a refreshing twist on Pasta Salad