Jamie Oliver will be donating cookbooks to every single library in the UK. He'll be donating more than 4,000 copies of his latest cookbook Save With Jamie, which teaches readers how to cook great meals without breaking the bank.
"We know from the fabulous work that libraries do every day that everyone deserves a chance to learn basic skills that can improve everyday lives," Oliver told Bestseller. "Reading and cooking are two of those skills for sure."
The news comes just days after Oliver's latest controversy -- the celebrity chef bashed the UK's poorest families because of the food choices they make. He also referred to young British restaurant workers as being lazy.
- Jamie Oliver Solicits Birthday Donations for Los Angeles Food Revolution
- Jamie Oliver Really Loves Christmas
- Diners Steal 30,000 Napkins From Jamie's Italian Every Month
- Jamie Oliver to Release American Version of Jamie Magazine
- Jamie Oliver to Open his First American Restaurant
- Jamie Oliver Opens Restaurant Complex at Gatwick Airport
- Jamie Oliver's Employees Given Word List for Selling Specials
- Jamie Oliver to Open Restaurant in Russia
- Jamie Oliver is Addicted to Chilies
- Jamie Oliver Launches New Line of Appliances With Philips
- Chicken Souvlaki and Orzo
- Quick & Healthy Fava Beans, Chickpeas, Olives With Tomatoes
- Bacalhau (Dried Cod Fish) Con Olive Oil and Tomato
- Something For Every Taste- Mini Pizzas
- Five Spice Chai Or Chai Latte, When Every Sip Is A Complement !
- French Vanilla Butter Cake With Raspberry Filling Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and Bittersweet Ganache
- Mashed Potatoes With Green Olives and Olive Oil
- Jamie's Peanut Butter Cups
- Jamie Boudreau's Hot Toddy
- Jamie Boudreau's Cognac Cocktail