Jamie Oliver will be donating cookbooks to every single library in the UK. He'll be donating more than 4,000 copies of his latest cookbook Save With Jamie, which teaches readers how to cook great meals without breaking the bank.
"We know from the fabulous work that libraries do every day that everyone deserves a chance to learn basic skills that can improve everyday lives," Oliver told Bestseller. "Reading and cooking are two of those skills for sure."
The news comes just days after Oliver's latest controversy -- the celebrity chef bashed the UK's poorest families because of the food choices they make. He also referred to young British restaurant workers as being lazy.
- Jamie Oliver Solicits Birthday Donations for Los Angeles Food Revolution
- Diners Steal 30,000 Napkins From Jamie's Italian Every Month
- Jamie Oliver Really Loves Christmas
- Jamie Oliver is Entering the App Market
- Jamie Oliver to Open a Hot Dog Diner
- Jamie Oliver to Open his First American Restaurant
- Jamie Oliver Opens Restaurant Complex at Gatwick Airport
- Jamie Oliver's Employees Given Word List for Selling Specials
- Jamie Oliver to Open Restaurant in Russia
- Jamie Oliver is Addicted to Chilies
- Chicken Souvlaki and Orzo
- Steak with Tomato Salad
- Grilled Corn Salad With Cilantro-Tamarind Dressing
- Moroccan Potatoes
- Fillets of Cod Piccata with Artichokes Hearts and Green Olives
- Simple lentil soup
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Lemon Pork Chops with Potatoes
- Gemista. Stuffed Peppers
- Horseradish and Garden Vegetable Dip