Breakfast burritos are a quick and easy morning meal. Eggs are scrambled with sausage, red bell pepper, onions and cheese before being wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla. For a vegetarian version, omit the sausage and opt for soy chorizo and slices of avocado instead. This is a satisfying breakfast that is guaranteed to jump start your morning.
Recipe Courtesy of Eggland's Best
6 whole wheat tortillas
6 Eggland's Best eggs (large)
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 sausage link
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup sour cream, fat-free
1/2 cup salsa
Set oven temperature to 200 degrees F; arrange tortillas on a baking sheet and warm in the oven until ready to serve.
In a large skillet sprayed with non-stick olive oil spray, saute diced onion & bell peppers until soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
Remove casing from sausage and crumble into the same skillet; cook according to package instructions, remove and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix eggs with salt & pepper; pour into skillet and stir, cooking until eggs are firmly set. Remove from heat when cooked through.
To assemble your burritos, spread a thin layer of sour cream on each tortilla and top with even amounts of all ingredients: eggs, peppers & onions, sausage, cheddar cheese, and salsa. Roll and serve.
- Not Your Average Breakfast Burrito
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Huevos Rancheros Crescent Bake
- Easy Mexican Breakfast: Chorizo and Eggs
- Two Must-Make Mexican Breakfasts: Chilaquiles Rojos and Migas con Huevos
- Grilled Garlic Herb Shrimp and Other Summer Shrimp Dishes
- Must-Make Scrambled Egg-Stuffed Poblano Chiles With Spicy Cheese Sauce
- Chia and Acai Bowl with Tropical Fruit
- McDonald's Currently Testing Steak and Egg Burrito
- Easy Mexican Breakfast: Spinach Chilaquiles
- Churro Waffles are Cin-fully Sweet
- Mexican Baked Eggs
- Best Breakfast Burrito
- Ortega Breakfast Burritos
- Mexican Coffee
- Mexican Cheese and Egg Casserole
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole
- Mexican Black Bean and Spice-Rubbed Tofu Torta with Puerto Rican inspired Tostones
- Crazy Dutch Babies
- Creamy Egg and Vegetable Muffins
- Healthy Eggs Benedict