Breakfast burritos are a quick and easy morning meal. Eggs are scrambled with sausage, red bell pepper, onions and cheese before being wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla. For a vegetarian version, omit the sausage and opt for soy chorizo and slices of avocado instead. This is a satisfying breakfast that is guaranteed to jump start your morning.
Recipe Courtesy of Eggland's Best
6 whole wheat tortillas
6 Eggland's Best eggs (large)
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 sausage link
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup sour cream, fat-free
1/2 cup salsa
Set oven temperature to 200 degrees F; arrange tortillas on a baking sheet and warm in the oven until ready to serve.
In a large skillet sprayed with non-stick olive oil spray, saute diced onion & bell peppers until soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
Remove casing from sausage and crumble into the same skillet; cook according to package instructions, remove and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix eggs with salt & pepper; pour into skillet and stir, cooking until eggs are firmly set. Remove from heat when cooked through.
To assemble your burritos, spread a thin layer of sour cream on each tortilla and top with even amounts of all ingredients: eggs, peppers & onions, sausage, cheddar cheese, and salsa. Roll and serve.
- Not Your Average Breakfast Burrito
- Must-Make Scrambled Egg-Stuffed Poblano Chiles With Spicy Cheese Sauce
- McDonald's Currently Testing Steak and Egg Burrito
- Churro Waffles are Cin-fully Sweet
- Mexican Breakfast: Machaca con Huevos
- Wheatless Wednesdays: Black Bean and Zucchini Chilaquiles
- How-To Recipe: Huevos Rancheros
- Mexican Breakfast Recipe: Quick and Easy Migas
- Huevos Rancheros for Breakfast
- Defy Gravity and Hunger With This Clip of Burrito-Making In Space