In anticipation of the fourth annual Food & Wine All-Star Weekend in Las Vegas, we'll be sharing celebrity exclusive celebrity chef recipes only available to Foodista readers once a week from the iconic, culinary masters participating in the food festival taking place October 4-6 at ARIA Resort & Casino, Bellagio and MGM Grand (purchase tickets here). Plus, enter the Ultimate Foodie Contest for a chance to WIN a two-night stay in Las Vegas and attend the Food & Wine All-Star Weekend (details below).
This week’s recipe comes from one of two men to boast a two-Michelin starred restaurant on the Vegas Strip. Chef Julian Serrano will cook up dishes from his Spanish heritage at the First Coarse Kick-Off Party inside the View Bar at ARIA, Friday October 4.
Julian Serrano's HUEVOS ESTRELLADOS
1 - LARGE RUSSET (BAKING) POTATO
4 - FRESH LARGE GRADE A EGGS - 2 WHOLE AND 2 JUST THE YOLK
3 OZ - FRESH SPANISH CHORIZO CHISTORRA (CAN USE LATIN AMERICAN IF DESIRED OR CANNOT
FIND SPANISH) - LA TIENDA.COM
1 - CUP EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL (SPANISH PREFERRED!)
2 - CUPS CANOLA OR VEGETABLE OIL (FOR FRYING POTATOES)
1 - TEASPOON FRESHLY CHOPPED PARSLEY
SEA OR KOSHER SALT - TO TASTE
Wash and cut the potatoes into 1/4" batons for french fries.
Remove the chorizo from its casing and cut into chunks, about 1/2" pieces.
Heat the vegetable oil on medium heat and fry the potatoes to a light golden color.
Remove with a skimmer or tongs and place fries in a mixing bowl; season them with salt.
In a saute pan, use a little of the oil used for the potatoes and cook the chorizo on a
medium - high heat.
When lightly browned, add the fries and toss together, incorporating the flavors and oil.
In a separate pan, use the olive oil and on medium - high heat fry 2 of the eggs.
Baste them as they cook and the yolk should be very runny and the white crispy.
Drain the eggs of excess oil.
Place the potato / chorizo mix on a plate and set the eggs on top.
With a fork and sharp knife, cut the eggs and yolks so they run down through the potatoes.
Break the other 2 yolks and pour them on top as well.
Season the eggs with salt and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Anyone looking for the dream experience at Food & Wine All-Star Weekend can enter a fun social media contest. Simply submit a video or a picture via any social media platform demonstrating why you are the ultimate foodie with the hashtag #VegasFoodie. The winner will be selected by Joël Robuchon, Michael Mina and Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Contest ends Thursday, September 19.
- Christmas Tamales
- Meatless Mexican Tacos + Frozen Coconut-Mango Margaritas
- Cinco de Mayo Treats: Margarita Ice Cream
- Gluten-Free + Vegan Chipotle and White Bean Burritos
- How-To Recipe: Mexican Flan
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Huevos Rancheros Crescent Bake
- Mango Chili Pops for Cinco de Mayo
- Cince de Mayo Treat: Avocado Paletas
- Wheatless Wednesday: Gluten-Free Tres Leches Cake
- 12 Marvelous Mexican Recipes for Cinco de Mayo
- Mexican Black Bean and Spice-Rubbed Tofu Torta with Puerto Rican inspired Tostones
- Smoky Chicken Tacos
- Carb Heaven Crispy Potato Tacos
- It’s A Cold Night Fideo Soup
- Who Says They Don’t Like Cauliflower: Roasted Cauliflower and Poblano Pepper Soup
- Kiwi-Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Tortillas With Beef and Mexican Cabbage Salad
- Green Mole Sauce
- Best Breakfast Burrito
- Abodo Grilled Pork With Esquite Stuffed Onions