Gluten-free raspberry walnut coffee cake is the perfect dish for Sunday brunch. This rich and dense coffee cake replaces all purpose flour with ground walnuts and oat flour. When purchasing oat flour or rolled oats for this recipe, check the package to make sure it reads "gluten-free." Tart raspberry jam is swirled into the batter just before baking.
1 ¼ cups almond milk
½ tablespoon flaxseed
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup maple syrup
1.5 tablespoons oil
1 cup oat flour
1 cup walnuts (or any other nut), ground into a fine powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup instant oats, optional
¼ to 1/3 cup raspberry jam, for swirling
¼ cup walnuts, crushed
¼ cup oat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1.5 tablespoons turbinado sugar
¼ cup rolled oats, optional
1 tablespoon oil
Preheat oven to 375 and grease an 8x8 pan.
Combine all wet ingredients—milk, flax, vanilla, syrup, oil. Let stand while grinding the walnuts. It’s okay if the walnuts are still a little chunky—texture is good. Whisk together with the baking soda, cinnamon, salt and additional oats, if using.
Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Using a spoon, dollop lines of jam across the batter and swirl into batter using a knife. Pour the rest of the batter on top.
Mix up the crumble topping: add the walnuts to a bag and crush until broken down into pea-sized crumbs. Toss with the oat flour, cinnamon, sugar and rolled oats if using. Stir in the tablespoon of oil until everything starts to come together--mixture should be crumbly. Sprinkle the topping evenly across the top of the batter and bake for 25 minutes, or until browned on top and it springs back slightly when touched. Serve warm.
- Perfect Gluten Free Persimmon Walnut Bread
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Best Ever Gluten Free Zucchini Bread Recipes
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Gluten Free Roasted Figs 3 Ways
- 5 Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes
- Raspberry Walnut Coffee Cake
- Raspberry & Rose Macarons
- Gluten Free Persimmon Walnut Bread
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Chipotle Raspberry Salad Dressing
- Lemon Victoria Sandwich Cake with Raspberries, Strawberries and Clotted cream
- Baked Pumpkin French Toast - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Black Bean and Fresh Corn Tacos
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole
- Almond Butter and Chocolate Squares