What's better than a warm and comforting lasagna on a chilly fall night? This easy cheese lasagna recipe featuring flavorful McCormick herbs and spices is inexpensive (around $1.50 per serving!), only takes minutes to assemble, and you'll have plenty for leftovers (and a nice selection of herbs and spices for future meals)!
Working parents, you'll love that this easy dinner requires no pre-boiling the lasagna noodles and uses only two bowls. Easy clean up! Kids, you'll simply love this cheesy deep dish pasta. My family sure did!
McCormick identified the top 10 most-searched for dinner recipe terms - like lasagna, meat loaf, enchiladas, chicken, tacos, turkey meatballs - for fall and matched them with easy and flavorful McCormick recipes like this lasagna. Be sure to visit McCormick.com for more easy dinner recipes. Read on for the 3 Cheese Lasagna (Lasagna Formaggio) recipe and enter the GIVEAWAY!
3 Cheese Lasagna (Lasagna Formaggio)
Tip: shave off even more prep time by buying shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
2 containers (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
1 jar (26 ounces) marinara or other pasta sauce
1/2 cup water
9 uncooked lasagna noodles
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, eggs, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, parsley, salt and pepper in large bowl until well blended. Pour marinara sauce into medium bowl. Pour water into empty jar; cover and shake well. Add to marinara sauce; mix well.
Spread about 1 cup of the sauce on the bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with 3 of the lasagna noodles. Spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture over noodles. Repeat sauce, noodles and cheese layer once. Top with remaining noodles and sauce, making sure to cover noodles with sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with additional marinara sauce, if desired.
Enter the "HOMEMADE IN AMERICA" CONTEST for a chance to win a McCormick gift set!
What's your favorite McCormick spice? Name your spice below in comments. One lucky winner will be randomly selected to win this fabulous gift set. Winner must live in the United States and will be notified on Friday, October 18.
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- Helathy Chicken Piccata Recipe
- Easy Roast Chicken and Pea Risotto
- Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers and 2 More Stuffed Pepper Recipes
- Sunday Suppers: Easy Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage
- Perfect Penne Pasta with Peas and Prosciutto
- Super Simple Shrimp Scampi
- Easy, Delightful Drunken Cheesy Bread Recipe
- 4 Vegetarian Recipes with a Pop of Pesto
- Easy Grilled Tuna Steaks à la Niçoisé
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Roasted Asparagus with Egg Salad
- Fresh Tarragon and Lentil Salad
- Spicy Chipotle Couscous Salad
- Spicy Chipotle Couscous Salad
- Savory Chicken Meatballs with Penne Pasta
- Arugula Walnut Pesto
- NuStevia Cocoa Syrup Almond Jelly Recipe + Giveaway!
- Caponata Style Celery Spaghetti Sauce
- Pear, Arugula, Prosciutto & Herb Cheese Tortilla Pizza