You can now easily pay for your meal, without waiting around for the check. Cover is a new app that makes dining out with friends just a little bit easier. The app has been in beta in New York City for the greater part of the last year, partnering with local restaurants to integrate their software with individual payment systems.
Perhaps the most notable feature of the app, is the group payment options. You can 'join a table' in the app, and simply let the restaurant know that you will be paying with Cover. The bill will automatically be split for you, allowing diners to leave a tip of their choice.
"Mobile payments is an enormous opportunity but hasn't taken off in the U.S.,"co-founders Andrew Cove and Mark Egerman told VentureBeat. "Mobile payments products thus far haven't provided a better experience than using credit card. We are the first mobile payments product that improves the overall customer experience. We don't just replace one form of payment with your phone -- we completely eliminate the payment step altogether."
Cover is currently only available for iPhone through the iTunes app store. An Android version is in the works.
- The Bertolli "Let's Cook!" iPad App Features Chef Fabio Viviani
- Dunkin' Donuts App Lets You Buy a Buddy Coffee
- Coca-Cola Freestyle App Lets You Play Soda Mixologist
- Dumbbell Cutlery Lets You Work Out at Every Meal
- Appetude Rates the Dishes Rather than the Restaurant
- DinnerSpinner App Helps Create Meals with Your Pantry's Inventory
- Jello Gets Down and Jiggles
- Win Denny's Grand Slams for Life with "50 State Challenge"
- Recipes by Ingredients App Teaches You to Cook With What You Already Have
- Free Phone App Lets You Scan 150,000 Wines
- Worth-The-Wait Turkey
- Check out these awesome kid friendly lunches
- Who Said You Need To Pay $4 For A Cupcake When You Can Make Your Own?
- Pay de Queso
- Grilled Miso Chicken with Roasted Corn and Edamame Salad
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken
- Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Chocolate Covered Pecans
- Naan Without The Tandoor
- Jar Lid Covers