Mummified crescent dogs are an easy Halloween inspired meal. Buttery Pillsbury crescent rolls are cut into strips and wrapped around a hot dog (or tofu dog). If you are feeling particularly festive, you can decorate the mummy dogs with edible ingredients such as olives and cheese.
Crescent Mummy Dogs
Recipe Courtesy of Pillsbury
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
2 1/2 slices American cheese, quartered (2.5 oz)
10 large hot dogs
Mustard or ketchup, if desired
Heat oven to 375°F.
If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough. Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half).
Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like "bandages," stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate "bandages" so hot dog shows through for "face." On ungreased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down); spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot. With mustard, draw features on "face."
- 5 Must-Have Halloween Party Foods
- 5 Fresh and Easy Ways to Eat Green Beans Outisde of the Casserole
- Cooking + Drinking - 5 Must Try Gluten Free Brandy Recipes
- 3 Must Try Garlic Mashed Potato Recipes
- How to Avoid Making Mushy Stuffing
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- 5 Grilled Main Dishes to Serve at Your Labor Day Barbecue
- Post Thanksgiving Meals: 5 Turkey Sandwich Recipes
- Haunting Halloween Skull Pizzas
- Quick and Easy Halloween Pizza Pot Pies