Looking for the perfect side dish recipe for your holiday menu? This one is the perfect combination of sweet and savory, blending the tasty yet unexpected flavors of mango and Brussels sprouts. Toss in some bacon and everyone is happy!
Brussels Sprouts with Mango and Bacon
Courtesy of Clinton Kelly and the National Mango Board
Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish
6 slices bacon, chopped
1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
2 large mangos (about 2 pounds), peeled, pitted and diced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
Place chopped bacon in large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Cook until crisp and fat renders, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and transfer to paper-towel lined plate; set aside.
Remove all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add Brussels sprouts, mango, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Cook until Brussels sprouts and mango are beginning to brown and become tender; about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and toss with reserved bacon.
- Irresistible Maple-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pumpkin Seeds
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving: Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Red Onions and Pancetta
- Easy Honey Dijon Brussel Sprouts
- Simple Side Dish: Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Red Onions and Pancetta
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving: Green Bean and Bacon Casserole
- Cupcake Stuffing is a Basting Baker's Ideal Thanksgiving Feast
- Halloween Cupcake Toppers Are Gruesomely Gory Gumpaste
- Great Green Beans with Bacon and Sugared Pecans
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving Menu
- Spooky Savory Gluten Free Halloween Treats!
- Honey Dijon Roasted Brussels Sprout
- Buttery Bacon Brussel Sprouts
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Bacon
- Bacon Brussels Sprouts With Chanterelle Mushrooms
- Brussel Sprouts in Bacon and Garlic Sauce
- Wine-Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Brussel Sprouts
- Sun Dried Tomato and Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Bucatini with Cauliflower and Brussels Sprouts
- Brussels Sprout Salad with Avocado and Toasted Pepitas