Heineken has launched a new little gadget to help at-home beer drinkers get a premium draught experience. Called The Sub, the new device comes with a two-liter keg which will offer beers from Heineken, Affligem, Desperados and Birra Moretti Baffo d'Oro.
"The urban, at-home market is one of the fastest growing beer segments," said Francois-Xacier Mahot, a Heineken executive. "Consumers want to create the high-end experience that they associate with the Heineken brand at home, from the appliance through the pour of a perfect draught beer. They also want the convenience of trying a variety of beers. The Sub is an innovation that delivers this and more."
The new appliance was designed by Heineken with designer Marc Newson and consumer technology experts Krups.
The Sub will be available next year, launching in Italy and France first.
- Paul Rudd Talks About his At-Home Pub in GQ
- Heineken Limited Edition Design Contest Picks the Winning Bottle
- Utah Bans Mini Kegs
- "The Handlebar Moustache" Heineken Light Commercial Revives Iconic Facial Hair
- Heineken Offers Free Wi-Fi to 100 London Pubs
- World's Fastest Beer Drinker
- Beer Can and Stein Cookies Are Drinkers' Desserts
- Coors Light Now Number 2 Beer
- Fan Made Pabst Blue Ribbon Commercial
- Equinox Brewing Delivers Kegs Via Tricycle