This delicious creamy carrot soup recipe is bursting with the flavors of Thailand. The combination of sweet, savory and spicy ingredients provide the perfect harmony in this satisfying and comforting soup. Tip: for a sweeter soup use smaller carrots.
Thai Spiced Carrot Soup
From Town & Country Markets
1/2 large white or yellow onion, diced
1 1/4 pounds carrots, thinly sliced
1 1/2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
1 large clove garlic, minced
2-3 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
1 2-inch pieces lemongrass
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
3 cups low sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup coconut milk
Juice of 1/2 large lime
1/3 cup basil leaves, torn by hand
Heat a heavy-bottomed stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Lightly coat bottom of pan with olive oil. Add onion and season with salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until translucent.
Add carrots, ginger, garlic and curry paste. Stir for 1-2 minutes or until curry is fragrant.
Bruise lemongrass a few times with the back of a knife until fragrant. Add lemongrass, honey, chicken broth and coconut milk. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until carrots are very tender.
Carefully puree about 1/3 of soup in a blender or food processor. Return to pot and reheat.
Stir in lime juice and basil leaves.
- Thai Inspiration for Meatless Monday
- Easy Vegan Thai Ginger Peanut Soup
- Celiac Saturday: Tasty Thai Curries
- Meatless Monday: Tofu Lemongrass Soup
- Rejuvenating Lemongrass and Tofu Soup
- 5 Tasty Pandan Recipes
- Peanuty Chicken Summer Rolls
- Thai Tuesdays: Green Curry
- DIY Tofu Making Kit
- 5 Tasty Thai Curries
- Pumpkin Carrot Soup
- Thai Beef Noodle Soup
- Thai Shrimp Wraps
- Cauliflower, Leek and Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Tasty Flower Crab Soup
- Slow Cooker Cajun White Bean Soup
- Hot and Sour Soup - Szechuan
- Carrot and Banana Snacking Cake
- Black Eyed Peas and Kale Stew
- Sweet Roasted Carrots and Red Potatoes With Rosemary