October 24, 2013
What's better than a fluffy, pock-marked english muffin split open and slathered with fresh butter and strawberry jam? Not much, unless it's a homemade english muffin!
This DIY skillet english muffin recipe from Macheesmo can be made with items you probably already have in your pantry. Muffins are browned in a skillet, then transferred to the oven for a tantalizing finish that will fill your kitchen with the aroma of fresh-baked bread.
10 ounces (2.25 Cups) unbleached bread flour
1/2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
3/4 Teaspoons salt
1 1/4 Teaspoons instant yeast
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (or milk)
Cornmeal for forming and dusting
Spray oil for cooking
For full recipe instructions, click here.
- Sunday Baking: English Muffins
- Savory Sourdough English Muffins
- Wheatless Wednesday: Best Gluten Free Bread Recipes
- Easter Brunch Recipes: Mocha Muffins
- Crave Worthy Banana Orange Muffin Bread
- Sunday Baking: Vegan Blueberry Ginger Muffins
- Light and Healthy: Protein Quinoa Muffins
- Mother's Day Brunch: Whole Wheat Blueberry Banana Muffins
- Sunday Baking: Homemade Crescent Rolls
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Bake Homemade Hot Dog Buns