Jalapeño muffins are great all year long. Alongside BBQ ribs in the summer or a piping hot bowl of chili in the winter these tasty muffins are an easy and versatile addition to any meal.
Jalapeño and Cheddar Corn Muffins
Makes 8 muffins
1 8.5-ounce box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
1/2 cup creamed corn
1/2 cup jalapeño (or to taste), finely diced
1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated and divided
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Mix together all ingredients (reserving 1/4 cup of Cheddar cheese for topping) until just blended.
Fill 8 muffin cups 2/3 full and top each muffin with a bit of Cheddar cheese.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Light Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread
- Stop Everything And Make These Spring Onion And Cheddar Scones Right Now
- Easter Brunch: Cheddar Dill Scones
- Sunday Baking: Cheddar Biscuits
- Tasty Borough Market Cheddar Chive Popovers
- Savory Stuffed Corn Muffins
- Easy Corn Dog Muffins for Kids
- Must-Read Blog Posts: Restaurant Favorites
- Amazing Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Burger Recipe
- 5 Smoldering S'mores Recipes for National S'mores Day
- Roasted Corn on the Cobb
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Cauliflower, Leek and Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Mesquite-Smoked Onion-Cheddar Burgers
- BBQ Chicken, Apple & Cheddar Pizza
- Baked Corned Beef with Sauteed Cabbage and Baked New Potatoes...
- Black Bean and Fresh Corn Tacos
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese Bread
- Jalapeno Cheddar Buns