The classic Scotch eggs recipe gets a sweet makeover in this maple walnut rendition from Popular Paleo. Hard boiled eggs are wrapped in a pork sausage, maple syrup, walnut mixture then baked. This decadent breakfast is a sweet and savory treat all rolled up in one!
Maple Walnut Scotch Eggs
Submitted to Foodista by Popular Paleo
6 Hard-boiled eggs
24oz ground pork sausage
2 TBSP pure maple syrup
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, plus a few extra tablespoons for topping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Using your hands, combine the pork, maple syrup and 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts. Once brought together divide into six even portions.
Grab some plastic wrap and tear off a large section. Plastic wrap is the key to making symmetrical, well-rounded scotch eggs. The sausage easily molds around the egg without sticking to your hands in the process.
Lay a sheet of plastic wrap down on your work surface. Spread the amount of sausage you have portioned out into a circle in the center of the plastic wrap and place your hard-boiled egg on the sausage patty.
Lifting up from under the plastic wrap, gently mold the sausage around the egg and seal completely. Place each egg into your favorite non-stick roasting pan.
Once they are all rolled up, top with the extra chopped walnuts and bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes. When done, the outside should be a deep brown and the sausage nicely cooked through without being overcooked.
- Marvelous Maple Glazed Baby Back Ribs
- 3 Healthy Breakfast Bites to Jump Start Your Morning
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Crescent Wrapped Scotch Eggs
- A Marvelous Mother’s Day Brunch Recipe with Champagne
- Vegetarian Scotch Eggs
- Sunday Baking: Vegan Pumpkin Cranberry Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing
- Caffeine Spiked Maple Syrup Will Give You a Jolt of Energy
- Scotch Eggs for Breakfast
- Must-Try Salted Maple Apple Oatmeal
- Mustard-Maple Ham Steaks With Cider-Madeira Sauce
- Maple Walnut Scotch Eggs
- Home made organic maple granola with fresh fruit
- Spiced Raisin Bread with a hint of maple
- Bread Machine Apple Breakfast Buns
- Maple & Curry Acorn Squash
- MAPLE-GLAZED OATMEAL-MAPLE-PECAN MUFFINS WITH MAPLE-PECAN STREUSEL
- Pumpkin Banana Protein Oat Bars
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole
- Maple Roasted Pears and Sweet Potatoes
- Scotch Eggs