You can now make your favorite fried rice recipe with the protein-packed superfood quinoa! Cooking for Keeps uses all the classic Asian flavors of scallion, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil, all stir-fried with a large serving of cooked quinoa. Add scrambled egg for even more protein, and play around with the veggies just like you would with regular fried rice.
1 cup quinoa (or 2½ to 3 cups leftover cooked quinoa)
1 ½ cups water or low-sodium chicken stock
¼ small onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
3 scallions, chopped and divided
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 eggs, lightly scrambled (still raw)
½ cup frozen peas, thawed
1 ½ tablespoons teriyaki sauce
2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
¾ teaspoon sesame oil
For full recipe instructions, click here.
- Vegan Sushi with Quinoa and Avocado
- Raw "Rice"
- Fabulous Butternut Squash "Fries"
- Meatless Monday: Caramelized Tofu with Rice Noodles
- Meatless Monday: Asian Chopped Salad with Fried Wontons
- Meatless Monday Recipe: Brown Rice Bowl with Seared Tofu, Herbs and Avocado Cream
- Crispy Coconut Tofu Fries with Spicy Apricot Sauce
- Green Bean Tempura Fries
- Agedashi Tofu: Deep-Fried Tofu in Broth
- Easy Vegan Recipe: Roasted Tomato Rasam and Lemon Rice