Curry powder is a blend of various fragrant spices known as garam masala. Every family has their favorite recipe and this is just one version. The key to a delicious curry powder is to start with whole spices and grind them yourself for the best flavor and longest shelf life. This curry powder can be used in countless dishes from a traditional Indian curry to chicken salad and even desserts.
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground fenugreek
1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground dill
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon commercial curry powder
1/4 teaspoon ground salt
Mix all ingredients.
- Spice Up Your Life: 5 Make Your Own Spice Blends
- 5 Super Stews
- Creamy Chicken Curry
- Marvelous Mango Curry Chicken
- The Perfect Condiment, Homemade Zaatar
- DIY Curry Powder
- Easy Indian Cooking: Chicken Curry in a Hurry
- Gluten-Free and Vegan Red Lentil Curry
- Easy Indian Cooking: Potato and Cauliflower Curry
- Curry Chicken Naan Wraps
- Middle Eastern Spice Blend
- Cooking Spice Blends: Olio Do Panne
- Island Haddock simmered in a spicey green curry sauce, inspired by P.E.I.
- Baking Spice Blends: Russian Mulling Spice
- Algerian Chicken With Olives
- Tri-Color Pepper Pita Pizza With Armenian Basturma
- Quick & Easy Mini Pizza Buns!
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Arabian Baharat