October 29, 2013
Brown sugar and spice cookies are perfect for holiday baking. This recipe for cut-out cookies is great to make with kids because not only is it easy but tasty too!
3 c unbleached, all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg (freshly grated, if possible)
1/8 tsp allspice
1/2 c granulated sugar (I use sugar that I've stored vanilla beans in)
1/2 c light brown sugar (packed)
2 sticks butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350.
Whisk the flour, baking powder and spices, set aside.
Cream the sugar and butter. Add the egg and extracts and mix until well-blended.
Gradually add the flour mixture and beat just until combined, scraping down the bowl, especially the bottom. (The dough will be quite thick...you may need to knead in stray bits of flour from the bottom of the bowl by hand.)
Roll on a floured surface and cut into shapes. Place on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 9-12 minutes, depending on the size of your cutter. Let sit a few minutes on the sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Monogram Dot Sugar Cookies are a Cute and Crafty Party Favor
- Itty-Bitty Ornament Sugar Cookies
- The Tookies Sugar Springs Buttercreme Cookie-Wiches Will Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
- Dreidel Surprise Cookies Aren't Made of Clay
- You Are the Best Mummy Mother's Day Cookies Wrap Up Your Feelings
- Blog Crush: Vintage Kitchen Notes Makes Brown Sugar Cheesecake
- Winter Wonderland Snowflake Sugar Cookies
- Mini Speckled Egg Cookies by Bake at 350
- Cinco de Mayo Vanilla Sugar Cookies Are a Fab Fiesta Food
- Curvy Carrot Sugar Cookies
- Vanilla Honey Cut Out Cookies
- Brown Sugar Sponge Cookie w/ Chocolate Covered Caramels
- Gluten Free Rolled-Out Sugar Cookies
- Brown sugar & Spice Sugar cookie frogs
- Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
- Holiday Cutout Cookies
- chocolate cayenne cutout cookies
- Momma Kay's M&m Crispies
- Reduced Sugar Cranberry Pistachio Shortbread
- Cream Cheese Cut Out Cookies