What's more comforting on a cold fall night than a piping hot bowl of chili? This black bean chili recipe comes from Taste of Home magazine's latest cookbook, Taste of Home Recipes Across America: 735 of the Best Recipes from Across the Nation, that features a noteworthy collection of some of our country's tastiest dishes. Whip up a pot of this delicious chili and freeze some up for leftovers - it only gets better!
Black Bean 'n' Pumpkin Chili
Courtesy of Taste of Home
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups chicken broth
2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
2½ cups cubed cooked turkey
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
2 teaspoons chili powder
1½ teaspoons dried oregano
1½ teaspoons ground cumin
½ teaspoon salt
In a large skillet, sauté the onion and yellow pepper in oil until tender. Add the garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the chili is heated through.
- Creamy Mac n' Cheese Chili and Other Heart Warming Chili Recipes to Welcome Fall
- Favorite Fall Chili Recipes, Gluten Free
- Southern Favorite: Chicken and Waffles
- Best Gluten Free Chili Recipes
- Fall Favorite: Pumpkin Spice Waffles with Walnuts
- 5 Copycat Chicken Recipes for Your Favorite Restaurant Dishes
- Must-Read Blog Posts: Restaurant Favorites
- Game Night: White Chili Frito Pie
- Pantry Raid: Chili Cheese Brats
- A Julia Child Favorite: Salade Niçoise
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- What is your favorite way to celebrate the harvest?
- Pumpkin Carrot Soup
- Healthy Fall Dessert: Baked apples with walnuts, honey and cinnamon.
- Pumpkin Crème Soup with Shrimp, Cream Cheese and Basil
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Italian Wedding Soup with Escarole
- Simple Turkey Chili Crock-Pot Recipe
- The Butcher's Favorite: Bone-In Braised Veal Breast
- Pumpkin Banana Protein Oat Bars