'Tis the season for pumpkin! Unfortunately, many pumpkin recipes are full of calories and fat. But there's good news for pumpkin lovers! Chef Tana Amen has come up with these delicious pumpkin bars that are a healthier version. So, if you can't go without your daily dose of pumpkin, try this healthier treat instead!
Chef Tana's Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bars
Courtesy of Recipe Rehab.
2 cups pumpkin puree
4 large free-range eggs
1/2 cup raw honey
2 tablespoons sugar substitute
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1/4 cup light coconut milk
3/4 cup rice flour
3/4 cup gluten-free flour
1/2 cup almond meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
8-ounces neufchâtel cheese, or vegan cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cups raw honey
Preheat the oven to 350-degrees F.
To make the batter: Using a handheld electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the pumpkin, eggs, honey, Xylitol, oil, and coconut milk until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
Slowly add flour mixture to liquid mixture and mix with electric mixer at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
Spray a jellyroll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the batter into the pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting and cutting into bars.
To make the frosting: Using a handheld electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the cream cheese and honey. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Wheatless Wednesday: Gluten-Free Caramel Apple Cupcakes (Vegan Optional)
- Fruit Tacos with Chocolate Tortillas are a Healthy Option
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Gluten Free Roasted Figs 3 Ways
- Avo and Eggs Pizza is a Healthy Breakfast Option
- Decadent & Healthy Vegan Chocolate Pudding
- Raw and Gluten-Free Key Lime Pie
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Must-Try Vegan Recipe: Cauliflower Flatbread with Avocado and Hummus
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole
- One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Pumpkin Banana Protein Oat Bars
- Mexican Baked Eggs
- Baked Salmon With Mandarin Orange and Pineapple Salsa
- French Toast With Cinnamon and Nutmeg
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Sweet and Tart Lemon Bars
- Chicken Wraps with Mediterranean Flair
- Banana Bread, Chocolate Chips Optional