This corn taco recipe is perfect for any time of day with its bright colors and popping flavors, from creamy avocado to peppery radish and spicy chili powder. Crack an egg on top for a breakfast treat, or cut tortillas into wedges and pile this whole thing on a bed of crispy romaine for an unforgettable salad.
Tacos with Corn, Zucchini-Radish Slaw and Avocado
Courtesy of Eats Well With Others
8 oz red radishes, trimmed
5 ears corn, husks removed
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp chopped cilantro
4 oz ricotta salata, crumbled
1/4 tsp chili powder
8 soft corn tortillas
Grate radishes and zucchini using a handheld grater or food processor attachment. Alternatively, you can cut them into tiny matchsticks using a mandoline or cut them by hand.
Squeeze the juice of half a lime over the radish-zucchini mix and season with salt to taste. Set aside.
Remove the corn kernels from the stalk and reserve. In a large nonstick skillet heat the olive oil. Add in the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the corn and cilantro and saute until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the ricotta salata, chili powder, and juice from half a lime. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat the tortillas. Prepare eggs as desired (I went with sunny side up). Top each warm tortilla with the corn-cilantro filling, zucchini-radish slaw, an egg, and avocado slices. Serve 2 tacos per person.
- How To Make Fried Chicken Taco With Jalapeno Cole Slaw
- Lovely Leftovers: Corned Beef Tacos with Spicy Slaw
- How to Make Fresh Corn Tortillas
- Taco Tuesday: Smoky Chicken Tacos
- Avocado and Corn Fritter Burgers and Other Amazing Avocado Recipes
- 5 Taco Recipes with a Twist
- Fruit Tacos with Chocolate Tortillas are a Healthy Option
- Meatless Monday: Refried Bean and Avocado Tostadas
- Budget Friendly Eats: Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Taco Tuesday: Black Bean and Corn Tacos
- Corn-Crusted Fish Tacos With Jalapeno-Lime Sauce and Spicy Black Beans
- Homemade Corn Tortillas
- Salmon Tacos With Avocado Cream
- Black Bean and Fresh Corn Tacos
- Beer Batter Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa
- Tacos in mini cups
- Easy Tortilla Pizza
- Tortillas With Beef and Mexican Cabbage Salad
- Apple Stuffed Tortillas
- Radish Slaw