This rich, rustic and flavorful Spanish recipe combines the bold and fresh flavors of olives with the bright accents of citrus. It's the perfect dinner party recipe!
This dish was served as part of a multi-course olive-themed tasting menu at How to Cook a Wolf restaurant in Seattle. Get all the recipes here.
4 six-ounce portions of swordfish, each about one inch thick
1 cup Manzanilla olives
4 cups of peeled cherry tomatoes in juice
4 teaspoons capers, rinsed
2 cloves garlic, sliced
2 lemons juiced
1 cup loosely packed parsley leaves
Salt and pepper
To complete Sauce:
Heat ¼ cup olive oil in a high sided pot over medium heat. Peel and slice the garlic and add it to the warm oil. Sauté until the garlic is tender, not browned, then add the tomatoes and cook until the tomato liquid has reduce by half, about 20 minutes. Add the Manzanilla olives, capers, the juice of one lemon, parsley, and salt and pepper if needed. Set aside and keep warm until the swordfish is cooked.
To complete Swordfish:
Season the swordfish with salt and pepper. Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat and add about 1/4 cup olive oil. When very hot add the swordfish and cook until both sides are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Set aside on paper towels to absorb any excessive oil.
Just as the swordfish comes out of the sauté pan, divide the sauce between four warm dinner plates. Place one piece of fish on each plate, squeeze some lemon on each piece of fish and serve while hot.
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Italian Easter Sweet Bread
- Savory Spinach Easter Pie
- Delicious, Chewy French Bread Recipe
- Panettone Bread Pudding
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipe: Crepes Suzette
- Learn to Make a Holiday Yule Log
- Labor Day Mains: Grilled Pesto Chicken
- Easter Inspired Macarons
- Strawberry Shortcake Macarons and Other French Desserts for Bastille Day
- Ffwd: Swordfish with frilly carrot and herb salad
- Swordfish with Tomatoes, Carrots and Celery
- Italian Anise Easter Bread
- Italian Seasoning
- Panettone Milanese
- Homemade Panettone
- Pan-Roasted Swordfish with Chopped Tomatoes and Lemon Beurre Blanc
- Long Fusilli With Italian Sausages
- Savory Chard & Prosciutto Tart