This elegant and easy appetizer takes just minutes to make and your guests will love it! It's the perfect appetizer for any cocktail party. For a shortcut, buy already roasted red potatoes from the deli section in your supermarket.
Roasted Red Potatoes with Sour Cream, Lemon Zest and Caviar
12 roasted red potatoes
1 1/2 cups sour cream
Zest of one lemon
Chives, 1-inch pieces sniped on the diagonal
Caviar (we used an inexpensive kind from IKEA)
Slice potatoes in half, then slice a tiny bit of of each bottom so that potatoes don't roll over.
Using the small end of a melon baller, scoop out a small amount of potato from each.
Spoon sour cream into a sandwich-size zip lock bag and snip of the tip. Pipe sour cream into each potato (alternatively you could use a spoon, but piping is easier and it looks more uniform).
Top each potato with a pinch of lemon zest and garnish with a 1-inch piece of chive. Finally, using a demitasse or other small spoon, top each potato with a little caviar.
Excellent with Champagne!
- Awesome Appetizer: Savory Olive, Tomato and Cheese Crisps
- Addictive Appetizer: Cheesy Party Rice Balls
- Quick and Easy Appetizer: Curried Chicken Spread
- Elegant and Easy Appetizer: Crème De Brie Shrimp Cups
- Easy Appetizer: Smoky Edamame Hummus Crostini
- Easy Appetizer: Mini Zucchini, Bacon and Cheese Bites
- Easy Appetizer: Spinach And Artichoke Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
- Easy Appetizer: Unbeatable Spinach Artichoke Crab Dip
- Easy Appetizer: Butternut Squash Hummus
- Elegant and Easy Appetizer: Brie and Hazelnut Stuffed Mushrooms
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Brie, Apple & Almond Phyllo Cups
- Sour Cream, Scallion & Bacon Mashed Potatoes
- Cinnamon Sugar Fried Apples
- Mother's Day Savory Smoked Salmon Caviar Tart
- Easy Ham & Pineapple Appetizer
- Antipasto Crostini
- Ricotta & Sun Dried Tomato Crostini
- Beer Battered Cheese Curds with Spicy Dipping Sauce
- Black Bean, Salsa and Cheddar Taquitos with an Avocado Dipping Sauce