These little fried morsels are Mediterranean comfort food. They're the perfect fun, delectable, and easy appetizer!
This dish was served as part of a multi-course olive-themed tasting menu at How to Cook a Wolf restaurant in Seattle. Get all the recipes here.
1 pound ripe black Spanish olives
4 eggs, cracked and whisked
2 cups breadcrumbs
2 cups flour
1 gallon canola oil
In a high-sided pot heat the oil to 350 degrees. The oil should be at least four inches deep.
In three separate and equally sized bowls place the flour, whisked eggs, and breadcrumbs. Toss the olives in the flour, making sure they are all evenly coated. Shake off any excess flour then toss the olives in the egg mixture, making sure they are evenly coated. Remove them from the egg mixture and toss in the breadcrumbs, making sure they are again evenly coated.
Once the olives are coated in the breadcrumbs, they are ready to put in the fryer. Shake off any excessive breadcrumbs and then fry them, in batches if necessary. Fry until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the olives are hot all the way through, about 2-3 minutes. Drain on a paper towel, season with salt, and serve while hot and crispy.
- Amazing Appertizer: Manchego with Gordal Olives and Meyer Lemon Marmalade
- Easy Appetizer: Serrano Ham with Spanish Olives and Orange Peel
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Dinner Party Recipe: Roasted Swordfish with Manzanilla Olives, Cherry Tomatoes, and Capers
- Rack of Lamb with Artichokes Roasted with Gordal Olives and Mint
- 5 Fabulous Foie Gras Recipes
- Sunday Supper: Tuscan Turkey Pumpkin Soup
- Scary Good Black Foods for Halloween
- Creepy Prosciutto Skeleton Head
- A Gastronomical Adventure with Olives From Spain
- Fall Farro Salad with Pomegranate, Walnut & Truffles
- Tomato Mozzarella Appetizer
- Olive All' Ascolana
- Stuffed Eggplant: Bake until golden & bubbly...
- Basque Baguette
- Cold Gazpacho
- Montaditos De Pimientos Con Alioli
- New Potato Salad With Green Olives
- Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing
- Italian Green Olive Salad