Hot beverage and soup drinkers will simply fall in love with GE's newest refrigerator, the GE Café. Its exclusive filtration system is the only refrigerator filter tested and verified to remove 98% of 5 trace pharmaceuticals (ibuprofen, atenolol, fluoxetine, progesterone, and trimethoprim) from water and ice. With the touch of a button you can also have filtered hot water dispensed at the temperature of your choice. Select warm (90º - perfect for toddler hot chocolates!), Instant Coffee & Hot Coco (150º), Brewing Tea (170º), Soup (185º) or select your Custom Setting (anywhere from 90º-185º).
As the mother of a toddler, I love the convenience of just pushing a button for my tea water instead of putting a pot on the stove. I don't have to worry about leaving a hot stove unattended while I'm busy getting the family ready for the day - I'm free to leave the kitchen while my water heats.
There's another ingenious feature that parents will love: when your hot water is ready you must turn a knob counterclockwise then push the knob in to dispense. It's most intuitive to turn knobs clockwise (even for kids), so the ingenious folks built in this extra safety precaution. It's certainly a much-appreciated feature by this mom!
Another great feature? You can upload photos to appear on the beautiful LCD screen. Simply insert a USB memory stick to upload and photos will appear in a slideshow. Show photos of your family or the delicious dishes you create in your kitchen! (Check out all the cool features here).
In the market for a new fridge? Check out the GE Café French Door Refrigerator (you can buy on Amazon and save a few bucks). It gets two thumbs up from us!
Editorial disclosure: Foodista received a complimentary model of this refrigerator from GE Appliances in exchange for our honest review. We sincerely love this fridge so much that we remodeled our 1928 kitchen in order to accommodate it (and are still in the process!! See below).
Work in progress...
- GE Café: The BEST Refrigerator For Your Family!
- Molecule Water Cafe Sells Tap Water For $2.50 a Bottle
- What's Really in Your Water?
- Would You Buy 'Jersey Shore' Bottled Water?
- DIY Video Game Controller Hot Pocket Dispenser
- GE Cafe Refrigerator's Brilliant Lighting Makes Food Look As Beautiful As It Should
- GE Cafe Refrigerator Filters 98% of Contaminates From Drinking Water
- "The Black Widow" Sonya Thomas Wins the First Women's Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Hot Sauce Water Bottle is a Sriracha Thirst Quencher
- Paris Cafe Serves Hot Chocolate With Oyster Emulsion
- Pie, Mash & Liquor - vegetarian style
- Strawberry Coconut Water Smoothie Recipe
- Who Says They Don’t Like Cauliflower: Roasted Cauliflower and Poblano Pepper Soup
- Championship Wings
- Goji Berry, Red Date, and Lamb Shepards Pie
- Fried Cheese
- Hokkien Mee
- Stuffed Banana Peppers
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Hot cocoa cookies