This delicious no-bake pumpkin pie recipe features a decadent yet simple crust made with hazelnuts, cocoa powder, coconut oil and dates. If you're looking for a gluten free dessert to serve during the holidays, try this one! It's sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Gluten Free No-Bake Pumpkin Pie With Hazelnut Date Crust
Courtesy of Chef Justin Swain of Rex 1516
For the Pie Crust:
2 1/4 cup ground raw hazelnuts
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut oil
9 pitted dates
Place hazelnuts and cocoa powder in a large bowl and mix well, breaking up any lumps. Add coconut oil to powder mixture and mix well.
Place dates in a small bowl and mash with a fork.
Add dates to dough-like mixture and combine well with hands.
Place crust into 9-inch round pie pan and press until evenly distributed in pan. Pinch crust along edges to create a decorative boarder.
Place crust in refrigerator while making filling.
For the Filling:
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon molasses
2 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
Beat cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer until smooth and creamy. Important: for a lump-free filling make sure cream cheese and butter are well softened.
Add the powdered sugar to the mixture and beat until smooth and fluffy.
Add the vanilla extract, molasses, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree and beat until thoroughly combined. If you find that your filling is lumpy, pass it through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
Spoon the filling into the pie shell and chill overnight in the refrigerator so that it sets up.
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- 3 Minute Cranberry Relish - No Cooking Required
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Port & Pears
- 5 Must Try Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookie Recipes - Allergy Friendly
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Best Ever Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir & Hibiscus
- Gluten Free Pecan Pie 3 Ways
- Decadent Desserts: No Bake Turtle Pumpkin Pie, Gluten Free
- Cranberry Pudding with Coconut Whipped Cream-gluten free, vegan
- Wild Rice Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts - Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- Molten Brownie Cake -gluten free, dairy free
- Pumpkin Pecan Streusel Cake - gluten free, soy free, vegan
- Thanksgiving Holiday Stuffing - gluten free, vegan
- Ginger Cookies- gluten free, soy free, vegan
- TWD: Johnny Cake Cobbler, with a dash of cranberries
- Baked Pumpkin French Toast - gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Peppermint Brookie Pies - gluten free, dairy free