This roasted vegetable tart is super easy and is gluten free, dairy free and vegan! It's chock-full of vibrant roasted vegetables and garlic then baked in a flaky crust. The crust makes the perfect base for a multitude of variations, so play around with your favorite fillings.
Gluten Free Vegan Roasted Vegetable Tart
Jules Pie Crust:
1 cup Jules All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
5 tablespoons shortening, butter or non-dairy alternative (like EarthBalance)
3 tablespoons Cold Water
1 medium Red Onion, coarsely chopped
1 Roma Tomato, sliced
1/4 pound Spinach
1 Bell Pepper (Red, Orange or Yellow), cut into strips
1 Zucchini, sliced into rounds
1/4 - Asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch long segments
2 tablespoons +2 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cloves Roasted Garlic, crushed*
1 Potato or Sweet Potato, parboiled and sliced, if desired
For the filling:
Preheat oven to 425 F
Place zucchini, asparagus and bell pepper on a baking sheet or dish and drizzle with olive oil and salt, tossing lightly to coat.
Place vegetables in oven and roast for 30-45 minutes or until tender.
While vegetables were roasting, prepare pie crust.
For Jules Pie Crust:
In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
Cut in shortening using two knives or a pastry cutter until the mixture is grainy and resembles a fine meal.
Add cold water until dough can be shaped into a ball -- err on the side of wet rather than dry and crumbly!
Form dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and set aside on the counter for 30 minutes.
Reduce oven to 375 F.
Place pie crust in pie plate, pinching edges to form a decorative border.
Place roasted vegetables in first (including parboiled potatoes, if desired), adding red onions, Roma tomato slices and spinach on top.
Drizzle with remaining olive oil and a pinch of salt.
Bake for 35-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown, and spinach and tomatoes are wilted.
Serve hot or cold.
To Roast Garlic:
Cut the the top 1/2" off of a head of garlic. Wrap the whole head in foil with a light drizzle (1 TSP) of olive oil.
Roast at 400 F for 30-35 minutes, or until soft.
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Gluten Free Vegan Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Last Minute Vegan Gluten Free Desserts
- Best Ever Cranberry Sauce with Pinot Noir & Hibiscus
- 3 Rad Raw Recipes - Gluten Free Too!
- Must-Try Vegan Recipe: Cauliflower Flatbread with Avocado and Hummus
- Celiac Saturday: Tarts & Galettes
- Raw and Gluten-Free Key Lime Pie
- 3 Tasty Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipes
- Mushroom Madness - 6 Must Try Gluten Free Recipes
- Creamy Artichoke Dip with Dill
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
- Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Baked Chickpea & Chili Koftas in a Hot Jalfrezi Curry Sauce
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- Vegetable and Herb Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- Creamy Cashew Garlicky Sage Sauce
- Southwestern Tortilla Soup
- Latin Style Kale Pesto