Looking for an elegant dinner party recipe? We simply love this Spanish-inspired lamb dish! With a tender, herbed flavor, this dish blends the hearty and rich tastes of lamb with the silky smooth textures of Gordal olives and artichokes.
This dish was served as part of a multi-course olive-themed tasting menu at How to Cook a Wolf restaurant in Seattle. Get all the delicious recipes here!
8 individually cut lamb chops from the rack
1 T chopped marjoram
2 T chopped parsley
1 T chopped mint
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves smashed
2 T butter
16 Gordal olives
16 baby artichokes, tough outer leaves removed, stems peeled
Salt and pepper
Preheat grill to high and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In a mixing bowl combine ¼ cup olive oil, the marjoram, the garlic and one tablespoon of the parsley. With your hands, rub this mixture over all of the lamb chops. Let stand at room temperature for one hour. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper. Place on the grill, working in batches if necessary. Grill on each side until nicely charred and cooked to medium rare, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and let stand at room temperate until ready to serve.
To cook the artichokes, heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Split the artichokes in half length-wise. Add the artichokes, two tablespoons of olive oil and the butter to the pan and sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Remove pan from the heat add the Gordal olives then place the entire pan in the 450 degree oven. Cook until the artichokes are tender, about 8-10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add the remaining parsley and mint. Serve next to the lamb chops and enjoy.
- Amazing Appertizer: Manchego with Gordal Olives and Meyer Lemon Marmalade
- Amazing Appetizer: Fried Ripe Black Spanish Olives
- Salmon with Lentils, Bacon, and Gordal Olives
- Grilled Octopus with Cauliflower, Gordal Olives, Pimentón
- Dinner Party Recipe: Roasted Swordfish with Manzanilla Olives, Cherry Tomatoes, and Capers
- Easy Appetizer: Serrano Ham with Spanish Olives and Orange Peel
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Italian Easter Sweet Bread
- Scary Good Black Foods for Halloween
- How to Make Roasted Beef Tenderloin for New Year's Eve