This incredible dessert recipe from The Suburban Soapbox is not only stunning it's easy to make! Creamy fall-spiced pumpkin puree and ginger snap cookies come together to make six luscious layers of sweet holiday delight. This dessert is perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Ginger Snap Pumpkin Icebox Cake
Submitted to Foodista by The Suburban Soapbox
72 Ginger Snap cookies
8 ounces canned pumpkin puree ( not pumpkin pie filling!)
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
3 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
1 cup confectioners’ sugar, divided
2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whip 2 1/2 cups of heavy cream with 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar and the mascarpone cheese with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Do not over beat.
Begin to fold in 1/2 cup of the whipped cream to the pumpkin mixture until combined. Continue to fold in the remaining whipped cream to the pumpkin mixture 1 cup at a time until all the cream is combined thoroughly.
On a large cake plate, place nine ginger snaps in a circle and fill the circle with 3 more cookies being sure all the cookies are touching.
Spread a layer of the pumpkin cream over the cookies evenly.
Place another layer of cookies on top of the cream and continue layering the cream and cookies until you reach 6 cookie layers.
Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
Before serving, whip the remaining cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cake and serve immediately.
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- GF Almond Cranberry Bundt Cakes - Cranberry Craze Pt 1
- Gluten Free Cranberry Upside Down Cake
- Frankenstein Cake Pop Tutorial
- Spooktacular Halloween Cake Roll
- Dangling Spider Cake Pops are Whimsically Webbed
- Ghost Cake Pops are Positively Ghoulish
- The X-Ray Cake is a Sweet Halloween-Inspired Treat
- Horrific Hello Kitty Zombie Cake Pops
- Frankenweenie Sparky Cake Pops are a Monstrous Treat