This beautiful savory and sweet side dish will make a statement on any dinner table! Little acorn squashes are stuffed with a spaghetti squash and raisin mixture then baked with a crushed cracker crust for a dish your guests will love.
Twice-Baked Stuffed Squash
Courtesy of Campbell's Kitchen
3 spaghetti squash (about 1 1/2 pounds each)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups chopped pecans
1 cup raisins
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
8 acorn squash (about 1 pound each)
24 Pepperidge Farm® Golden Butter Distinctive Crackers, crushed (about 1 cup)
4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick), melted
Heat the oven to 350°F.
Cut each spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Sprinkle the inside cavity of each squash with black pepper and place them cut-side down in a 17 x 11-inch roasting pan.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the squash is fork-tender.
Scrape the squash with a fork to separate the spaghetti-like strands and place the strands in a large bowl. Stir in the pecans, raisins, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
Cut off the “tops” of the acorn squash, about 1 inch from the stem end and reserve. Scoop out the seeds and discard. Cut a small portion off the bottom of each squash to make a flat base. Place the squash shells in the roasting pan.
Spoon the spaghetti squash mixture evenly into the cavities of each acorn squash. Stir the cracker crumbs and butter in a small bowl with a fork. Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the squash mixture.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the mixture is heated through. Place the reserved squash "tops" on a baking sheet and bake for the last 5 minutes of baking time. Top each squash with an acorn "top".
- Fall Comfort: Sausage and Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes and More Holiday Recipes with the Sweet Spud
- Savory Spinach Easter Pie
- Savory Easter Egg Hashbrowns
- How to Avoid Making Mushy Stuffing
- Cupcake Stuffing is a Basting Baker's Ideal Thanksgiving Feast
- Twice-baked potato
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving: Sourdough Stuffing with Sage, Sausage and Apples
- Gumbo Cupcakes are a Savory Fat Tuesday Treat
- Savory and Sweet Chestnut, Fig and Honey Stuffing
- Twice-baked potato
- Creamy Acorn Squash With Sweet and Savory Turkey Sausage Stuffing
- Apple Stuffed Squash
- Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed W/spicy Biryani (Veg/vegan)
- Twice-Cooked Zucchini Stuffed Eggplant
- Parmesan Twice Baked Potatoes
- Twice Baked Bourbon-Hazelnut Sweet Potatoes
- Twice baked Bacon Potatoes
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Savory Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Artichoke and Herb Salad