Love the rich elegance of beef wellington but want to avoid all the expensive hassle? Make these mini beef wellington appetizer bites that taste totally decadent but require just 3 ingredients. Golden puff pastry gives way to moist tenderloin and creamy pâté in these individual toothpick bits.
1 pound fully cooked beef tenderloins
4 ounces pâté (chicken or duck will work fine)
12 ” square sheets of puff pastry, thawed but still cold
Toothpicks, for serving
Preheat the oven to 425°F and set the top rack in the middle of the oven.
If you are starting with an uncooked beef tenderloin, season it to taste and cook until rare. Allow the tenderloin to come to room temperature before carving, at least 30 minutes. If using pre-cooked tenderloin, remove from the packaging and wipe all sides dry with paper towels. Cut the tenderloin into long, 1” square strips. You should get about 3 good strips per tenderloin; the rest can be saved for excellent next-day sandwiches!
Line a baking sheet with parchment or a non-stick mat. Lay out one sheet of puff pastry and place the cut tenderloin about 1/2” from the top edge. Spread a little of the pâté on top of the tenderloin. Then, carefully fold the puff pastry over the tenderloin, rolling the meat and the dough until you’ve completely encased the tenderloin. Press the dough down at the seam to seal it. Using a sharp knife, cut the sealed portion of dough away and place on the baking sheet. Repeat for a total of three “logs” per sheet of puff pastry.
Bake until the puff pastry is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Slice each “log” into 1” pieces, skewer with a toothpick, and serve!
- Awesome Appetizer: Savory Olive, Tomato and Cheese Crisps
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- NYE Appetizer: Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- NYE Appetizer: Brie and Fig Bundles
- Easy Entertaining: 3 Must-Try Gluten Free Appetizers
- Celiac Saturday: Tomatoes Stuffed with String Beans
- Playing With Your Food - 3 Healthy Snacks Moms and Kids Will Love!
- 11 Best Sweet & Savory Crepes Recipes
- The Closer Plate Facilitates Cocktail Party Conversation
- Easy Entertaining: Feta Cheese Truffles
- Ricotta & Sun Dried Tomato Crostini
- Brie, Apple & Almond Phyllo Cups
- Mini tortilla de patatas
- Polenta Squares with Ricotta & Basil Pesto
- Bacon Wrapped Dried Figs
- Asian Style Meatballs
- Crostini with Whipped Ricotta & Artichoke Olive Tapenade
- Parcels with asparagus, mozzarella and prosciutto
- Beef Wellington Easy Recipe
- Cheese Profiteroles