French toast fans will love this decadent holiday-inspired breakfast with a crisp top and a moist and delicious center. This is one crowd-pleaser we'll be making for breakfast this holiday season!
Baked Eggnog French Toast
Courtesy of Whole Foods Market
1 tablespoon butter
12 thick (3/4-inch) slices Challah or brioche
3 1/2 cups eggnog
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Butter a 9-x-13-inch baking dish or casserole dish. Arrange the bread in the dish, making two rows and overlapping the slices as needed to make them fit. Drizzle eggnog over the bread. Use the back of a spatula to press gently on the bread to even out the slices and help them absorb the eggnog. Cover and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°F and uncover the baking dish. Sprinkle with walnuts and sugar, and let the dish come to room temperature. Bake until heated through and the top is browned and crisped, about 35 minutes.
- Excellent Eggnog Waffles
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Bacon Pull Apart Bread
- Easter Bunny Monkey Bread
- Eggnog Marshmallows are a Poisonous Puff
- How to Recipe: Mini Bacon Egg Breakfast Cups
- Cinnamon Roll Bunnies
- Jewish Comfort Food: Matzo Brei with Spinach and Feta
- Eggnog Cinnamon Chip Scones are a Star-Shaped Treat
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Ham and Biscuit Strata
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipe: Crepes Suzette