It’s so easy to make this gorgeous rainbow cake, you’ll wonder why you haven’t done it yet. This almond rainbow cake recipe is adaptable for single cake or cupcake and loaf pans! It doesn’t have to stay almond-flavored, either. You can mix and match with lemon zest and juice, or try a totally different cake mix altogether.
1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/3 cups water
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon real vanilla
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup sour cream
4 large egg whites
Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together with a wire whisk. Add the remaining ingredients and beat for 2 minutes.
Color with food dye, as desired. You’ll want to make a separately colored batch of batter for each layer.
Pour into greased and floured cake pans, filling each pan a little over half full. Lightly tap cake pans on counter to bring air bubbles to top.
Bake in preheated 325° F oven until cake tests done. Baking time varies according to the size and depth of pans being used.
- Must See - Gorgeous Gingerbread Houses
- Radical Rainbow Peeps Cake
- 5 Gorgeous Cakes
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- Rainbow Crepe Cake is a Colorful Breakfast Treat
- Perfect Passover Recipes: Rosemary Almond Cake
- GF Almond Cranberry Bundt Cakes - Cranberry Craze Pt 1
- Sunday Baking: Gluten Free Cake Pop Recipes
- Gluten-Free Almond Cake with Strawberries
- Gluten-Free Orange Almond Cake
- Gluten-Free Rhubarb, Lemon and Almond Cake
- Pan Seared Apple Almond Cake
- Flourless Honey Almond Cake Without Eggs
- Almond Rainbow Cake
- Almond Butter and Chocolate Squares
- Choco-Coco-Banana Cake
- Mangolicious Flip Flop Cake
- Mangolicious Upside Down Cake
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Lemon Victoria Sandwich Cake with Raspberries, Strawberries and Clotted cream