When I think back to the days when we didn't have cell phones I shudder. What did we ever do without them? When I think back to my old refrigerator with the two tiny light bulbs inside I wonder how did I ever live without my GE Cafe refrigerator? I didn't know what I was missing until I had it: lighting. And not just lighting, but brilliant, clear LED lighting. We can now see our food (what a concept) and it looks beautiful!
When I open our fridge it's like a mini Broadway stage. There's showcase LED lighting positioned throughout the interior, under doors, and numerous chrome pucks (little disks) angled perfectly to spotlight foods. There are five colorful LED lights inside the main temperature controlled food drawer (another feature we love!) and they change colors depending on the food type and temperature setting you select. Choose Meat (32° F) and the lighting flashes red. Beverages (34) changes to blue, Produce (36° F) is green, Cheese (38° F) is light blue, and Citrus (40° F) is purple. There are also two conveniently positioned LED lights in the freezer drawer, so no more lost foods in the deep dark abyss!
Food simply looks more fresh and appetizing in our GE Cafe. It's like opening the door to our own farmers' market every day!
Other great features? It's the first refrigerator to dispense HOT water! Learn more here. And, you can upload photos to appear on the beautiful LCD screen. Simply insert a USB memory stick to upload and photos will appear in a slideshow. Show photos of your family or the delicious dishes you create in your kitchen! (Check out all the cool features here).
In the market for a new fridge? Check out the GE Café French Door Refrigerator (you can buy on Amazon and save a few bucks). It gets two thumbs up from us!
Editorial disclosure: Foodista received a complimentary model of this refrigerator from GE Appliances in exchange for our honest review. We sincerely love this fridge so much that we remodeled our 1928 kitchen in order to accommodate it.
- GE Cafe Refrigerator Filters 98% of Contaminates From Drinking Water
- GE Café: The First Refrigerator to Dispense HOT Water!
- GE Café: The BEST Refrigerator For Your Family!
- David Chang Looks for the Best Beer Formula
- Refrigerator Where Joplin Tornado Survivors Hid
- Mobil Food Pantry - Brilliant
- Brilliant Animated Fast Food Infographic
- Should I Leave Marinated Vegetables In The Refrigerator
- Tumblr Tuesday: 5 Brilliant Beer Tumblr Blogs
- Barbie Cafe Opens Up in Taiwan
- Brilliant & Beautiful Blueberry Tart
- Tortillas With Beef and Mexican Cabbage Salad
- One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Tender Grilled Steak and Mushroom Salad With Dijon Vinaigrette
- Cheesy Egg and Potato Pie
- Sweet and Creamy Tarragon Salad Dressing
- Creamy Egg and Vegetable Muffins
- Sweet Banana Breakfast Bars
- Scrambled Egg and Ham Breakfast Buns
- Luscious Berry Custard Cobbler