Bacon, zucchini and gouda come together in these tasty little savory appetizer bites from Ecualombian. Simply add grated zucchini and cooked bacon and onion to an easy batter of flour, eggs, oil, and baking powder. Mix in cheese and season the batter with salt and pepper. Dust a butter baking dish with bread crumbs, pour in the batter and bake. Once slightly cooled, cut into 2-inch squares and serve warm or cold. Everyone will simply love these cheesy bites!
Mini Zucchini Bites (Cuadritos De Calabacin)
Submitted to Foodista by Ecualombian
6 strips of Bacon (which ever you prefer), diced
1 White Onion, chopped small
3 1/2 cups Zucchini, grated with skin
1 cup Gouda Cheese, grated
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 cup Sunflower Oil or Vegetable Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1/4 cup Melted Butter
Plain Bread Crumbs
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
In a saute pan cook the bacon until crisped and reserve.
With 2 tbsp of the bacon fat, saute/cook the onion until transparent and reserve aside.
In a bowl mix the zucchini, cheese, flour, baking powder, oil, eggs, bacon, onion, salt & pepper till well combined. Set aside.
To prepare the 10 x 7 in. baking pan brush the melted butter all around inside and top with the bread crumbs. Make sure to cover all parts in pan.
Pour the zucchini mixture evenly in the pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, until it is firm.
After baked let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting into 2 in. cubes.
Serve warm or cold.
- Christmas Tamales
- Cooking + Drinking - 5 Must Try Gluten Free Brandy Recipes
- 6 Sweet-Savory Cranberry Apricot Recipes
- Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms 3 Ways
- Easy Entertaining: 3 Must-Try Gluten Free Appetizers
- 6 Global Good-Luck Meals to Eat on New Year's Day
- 3 Must Try Garlic Mashed Potato Recipes
- Gluten Free Vegan Dark Chocolate Chipotle Cake
- 5 Perfect Pavlova for Gluten Free Holiday Entertaining
- 3 Hot Cocktails for Winter's Worst Weather
- Healthy and Easy Vegan beets salad with prunes!
- Homemade Sauerkraut with cranberries
- Smoky Chicken Tacos
- Limpets, The Poor Man’s Abalone
- A Stalk of Abalone Flower On Mother’s Day!
- Tortillas With Beef and Mexican Cabbage Salad
- Espresso Bread Pudding
- Dairy and Sugar-Free Tiramisu
- Atol-atte (Dark Chocolate and Coffee Atole) & Buñuelos
- Tuna With Toast Rolls