If you're hosting a brunch this holiday season then a frittata is the perfect dish to serve. They're hearty, easy to make and everyone loves them! This frittata recipe from La Bella Vita uses a sweet and slightly spicy Italian sausage and a blend of six cheeses. Garnish with a few fresh basil leaves for a beautiful presentation.
Frittata with Italian Sausage and Cheese
Submitted to Foodista by La Bella Vita
1 pound mild (sweet) ground Italian sausage
4 green onions, chopped
6 jumbo eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1/2 cup grated 6-cheese Italian blend (look for the packaged variety)
Cook the sausage in small, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat until browned, constantly breaking up the sausage into small pieces, such as in a 'sloppy joe' sandwich.
Add the chopped onions to the sausage and cook a little longer.
Drain off any hot fatty grease.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, chopped Italian parsley, and salt.
Pour the egg mixture over cooked sausage and onions.
Sprinkle the grated cheese on top, gently blending into the egg/sausage mixture.
COVER and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, keeping an eye on the bottom (lift up with a spatula) to make sure that it is not burning.
Broil the frittata on the lower shelf of your oven until gold brown - - keeping an eye on it to prevent burning.
Let the frittata sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Garnish with freshly picked Italian parsley while it is setting.
Cut into wedges and serve with Italian artisan bread.
- Easter Brunch: Monterey Jack and Ham Quiche
- Easter Brunch Recipe: Sun Dried Tomato, Red Pepper and Kale Frittata
- Blissful Bellini for Mother's Day
- Five Fabulous Fig Recipes
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipe: Crepes Suzette
- Quick and Easy Mini Broccoli and Bacon Quiches
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipe: Asparagus Ricotta Tartlets
- Rainbow Crepe Cake is a Colorful Breakfast Treat
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipe: Sausage and Red Pepper Quiche
- Easter Brunch: Caramel Apple French Toast
- Eggs With Ham and Asparagus Casserole
- Crazy Dutch Babies
- Glazed Apple Cider Doughnuts
- Mexican Baked Eggs
- Creamy Egg and Vegetable Muffins
- Healthy Eggs Benedict
- Fruity Breakfast Buns
- Caramel Apple Cream And White Chocolate Stuffed French Toast
- Sweet Potato Kimchi Hash Brunch - gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian
- Italian Breakfast Tart