Pulling apart a toasty naan is like getting wrapped in a warm blanket then given a gentle loving squeeze. This delicious garlic butter naan recipe from a lovin' forkful is bear-hug-from-a-friend good. Grab a chunk and scoop up some Indian Lentil Dal. You'll be happy you did.
Garlic Butter Naan
Submitted to Foodista by a lovin' forkful
1/2 c. ice water
1/3 c. nonfat greek yogurt
1/4 c. canola oil, plus 1 t. for cooking the naan
1 large egg yolk
2 1/4 c. flour
1 1/4 t. sugar
1/2 t. instant or rapid-rise yeast
3/4 t. salt
2 T. butter
1 clove garlic, minced
In a small bowl, mix together water, yogurt, 1/4 c. oil and egg yolk. In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together flour, sugar and yeast to combine. With the motor running, slowly add the liquid ingredients to the flour. Process until combined. Let mixture rest for 10 minutes.
Add salt and process another 30-60 seconds. It will form a sticky dough that should clear the sides of the food processor work bowl.
Scrape dough out onto a floured work surface and knead just until smooth, about a minute. Form into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl (large). Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate 16-24 hours.
After the dough has rested, turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and divide dough into 4 pieces and shape each piece into a ball. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and let rest 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile melt the butter in a small saucepan, then add the garlic. Set aside.
Roll the first piece of dough out into a 9 inch round. Using a fork, poke the dough all over, 20-25 times. Lightly mist the top side with water.
Heat the remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until the oil begins to shimmer. Wipe the oil out of the skillet with paper towels, then add the rolled out dough, sprayed side down and spray the other side lightly. Cover skillet and cook until spotty brown underneath, 2-4 minutes (poke any large bubbles that form). Flip naan, cook, covered, another 2-3 minutes until browned. Flip again, brush with butter, then transfer to a plate and cover with foil. While rolling out and cooking the remaining naan.
- Must-Try Vegan Recipe: Cauliflower Flatbread with Avocado and Hummus
- Meatless Monday: Roasted Squash and Sweet Potato Flatbread
- Gluten Free Cumin Roasted Cauliflower
- Meatless Monday: Sweet Potato Flatbread
- Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Curry For All Seasons
- 5 Ridiculously Tasty Gluten Free Cabbage Recipes
- Perfect Puddings: 8 Best Recipes
- Easy Indian Cooking: Spiced Lentils
- Meatless Monday: Curried Cucumber Soup
- Indian Yellow Dal With Spicy Tempered Ghee
- Easy Breakfast Cookie
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Indian Spiced Red Lentil Soup
- Creamy Maharashtrian Chole
- Hara Baingan Bharta /spicy Mashed Roasted Eggplant
- Indian Veggie Pizza....On Naan
- Green Chilli Pickle -North Indian Style
- Green Chillies In A Peanut Sesame Sauce
- Simple and Satisfying: Stuffed Peppers
- Pumpkin, celery root and carrot salad