This easy breakfast bowl fills you up with healthy goodness! It's packed with good-for-you ingredients like flaxseed meal, rolled oats, fresh blueberries, bananas and agave. This breakfast takes seconds to make and will keep you satisfied for hours.
Flaxseed is an important ingredient for health and weight loss. It's full of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids; lignans, which are powerful antioxidants; and fiber (both insoluble and soluble), keeping your belly full so you won't snack! When using flaxseed in recipes it's best to use flaxseed meal rather than just the seeds as our bodies cannot easily digest them. Read about more of the health benefits of flaxseed here.
Flax, Oat and Fruit Power Breakfast Bowl
1/2 - 3/4 cup of raw rolled oat
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
1 banana, chopped
A handful of fresh or previously frozen blueberries
A handful of chopped raw walnuts
A drizzle of agave, honey or light molasses (molasses is great if you are iron deficient!)
1/2 cup of hemp or almond milk
Add ingredients to a bowl and stir until combined. You can warm in the microwave if desired, but it's excellent cold. Eat and enjoy!
- 8 Ways To Spice Up Your Homemade Juice Creations
- 5 Perfect Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
- Easy Mexican Breakfast: Tofu Scramble
- Gluten Free + Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Desserts
- Granola Bars are a Healthy Breakfast On the Go
- Ingredient of the Week: Chia Seeds
- Skinny Green Smoothie
- Get up and Go Breakfast Cookies (Gluten-Free and Vegan)
- The Ultimate Diet Friendly Pizza
- Healthy Vanilla Chia Pudding