What better way to use up leftover rice than to toss it into a flavorful stir fry! This Singapore-style fried rice recipe from Zomppa features fresh ginger, garlic, a spicy roasted red chili paste and a bit of fish sauce for a burst of flavor. A little brown sugar rounds out the dish by adding a touch of sweetness, and fresh herbs and vegetables add both texture and brightness. It's a delicious meal that can be whipped up in no time.
Spicy Singapore-Style Chicken Fried Rice
Submitted to Foodista by Zomppa
1 pound of tenderized (I use a rolling pin), cubed organic chicken breast
2 minced organic garlic
1 inch of grated organic ginger
1 tablespoon of organic canola oil
3 tablespoons of Roasted Red Chili Paste (like this one)
2 tablespoons of Fish Sauce (can find at Whole Foods or Asian Markets)
1 1/2 tablespoons of organic brown sugar
1 organic red pepper, diced
1 cup of organic basil, julienned
2 organic carrots, peeled and diced
1 organic onion, diced
1 cup of organic green beans, diced
2 cups of day old organic brown rice
Use a wok or deep skillet.
Place garlic and ginger in pan with canola oil over low heat for 5 minutes.
Turn burner up to medium heat and add chicken.
Cook chicken until partially done.
Add Red Chili Paste, fish sauce, brown sugar and half of the basil.
Saute until meat is completely cooked through.
Add the carrots, green beans, onions, and red bell pepper.
Saute for another 3-4 minutes. Add the rest of the basil.
Cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the rice and mix until the rice incorporates the stir fry and is warmed through.
Take off heat and serve immediately.
- Easy Cashew Chicken Fried Rice
- Gluten-Free, Soy-Free Chicken Fried Rice
- Low Fat Chinese Chicken and Noodle Stir-Fry
- 2 Super Easy Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Satisfying Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Light and Healthy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup with Gluten-Free Option
- 5 Copycat Chicken Recipes for Your Favorite Restaurant Dishes
- Japanese Fried Chicken
- Quick and Easy Ginger Chicken and Broccoli Bowl
- 4 Rice Recipes From Around the World
- How To Make Fried Chicken Without Frying?
- Baked Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Wild Rice
- Chinese Chicken Salad With Chipotle Dressing
- Savory Chicken Meatballs with Penne Pasta
- Gingery Pork Fried Rice
- Tequila Laced Mexican Rice and Chicken
- Fried cauliflower.
- Fried zucchini with mayo-dill sauce and tomato
- INDIAN 5-SPICE TOMATO RELISH
- Secret To A Tasty Plate Of Fried Rice!