Many of us enjoy a glass of wine or two every night with dinner, and while studies show that red wine can have a positive impact on our health, it can also pack on the pounds. In fact, one 6-ounce glass of wine can range from 110-300 calories. Not bad if you only have a glass, but the calories can add up if you drink more than that. Wine Folly created a very handy guide to understanding the calories in our wine, how a glass of wine stacks up against the food we eat, how to look for low calorie wines (she has a very informative chart!), and more. For example, did you know that there are 175 calories in a 6-ounce glass of Napa Cabernet? That's two bites of an Egg McMuffin. And, in 2 glasses of tawny port there are 300 calories, about the same as one scoop of chocolate ice cream. I'll still take the Cab and the port any day, hands down.
Check out the full article here. If you're on a diet, you'll be glad you did!
- 8 Ways To Spice Up Your Homemade Juice Creations
- Must-Have Strawberry Cake Batter Shake
- 6 Helpful Tips For Cooking With Wine
- Wine Wednesday: Vegetarian Garden Tempura with Jordan Chardonnay
- Thirsty Thursday: Sangria Poptails 5 Ways
- Not So Fat Tuesday Cocktail
- Thrifty Thursday: Super Smoothies
- Chocolate Almond Protein Smoothie
- Skinny Green Smoothie
- Low-Carb Chicken Breasts with Fresh Sage and Mushrooms