What do you do when you buy a new cast iron pan? Or acquire an old one second-hand? You season it. But how do you know if you're doing it properly, like using the right type of oil? And how do you know if you've actually seasoned it and done it correctly? There is, in fact, a science to this and Sheryl Canter from Sheryl's Blog has written the perfect, most succinct explanation and how-to on the subject from starting with the right oil (she says it's not what you think) to the perfect recipe for seasoning your cast iron.
Click here to learn Sheryl's techniques for seasoning cast iron.
- Cast Iron Sweet Potatoes + Coconut Drizzle
- Ironed Toast
- Pumping Iron With Lentils & Kale
- Flat Iron Steak Al Forno
- Grilled Flat Iron Steak Sandwich With Korean Marinade
- Iron - Rich Gluten Free Vegan Muffins
- Flat Iron Steak With Potato, Squash and Mushroom Fricassee
- The Gourmet Butcher's Flat-Iron Roast
- Polenta with Flat Iron Steak in a Tomatoes-Vegetables Sauce
- Marinated Flat Iron Steak