Have leftover rice from yesterday's Chinese New Year festivities? Whip up this tasty and easy breakfast of rice fried with bacon, eggs and onions that's lightly seasoned with soy sauce. We like to gild the lily even further and top this dish with a nice sunny side up egg!
Easy Bacon and Egg Fried Rice
3 cups leftover plain rice or fried rice
1/4 pound bacon, diced
1 large onion, diced or slivered
2 eggs, beaten
1 egg, fried (optional)
Soy sauce to taste
Sesame oil to taste
1/4 teaspoon Black pepper, to taste
Break up the lumps in the cold rice with your hand; set aside. Prepare other ingredients before cooking. Mix the soy sauce and wine in a small dish.
Fry the bacon in a wok on high heat until nearly crisp. Remove most of the fat, leaving 2 tbsp or less. Add the onions and fry with bacon until soft and golden. Push the bacon ad onions to the side and scramble the eggs in the fat at the bottom of the wok. Add the rice and mix everything together until rice is hot. Sprinkle with soy sauce/wine and pepper and stir to mix.
Top with a fried egg (optional) and serve.
- Scrumptious Breakfast: Asian Soft Scrambled Eggs
- The Best Breakfast: Pumpkin Bacon Waffles
- Easy Breakfast: Bacon and Cheese Morning Buns
- 5 Grilled Main Dishes to Serve at Your Labor Day Barbecue
- Satisfying Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Bacon-Wrapped Sushi Replaces Seaweed with Swine
- A Twist on Classic Potato Salad
- Culinary Infographic: Breakfast from Around the World
- What's for Breakfast: Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- 5 Copycat Chicken Recipes for Your Favorite Restaurant Dishes
- Barbecue Pork Buns – Dim Sum
- Yuan Yang Crispy & Crunchy Hong Kong Kailan
- Chinese Chicken Salad With Chipotle Dressing
- Braised Pork Bellies With Abalone In Claypot
- Authentic Bang Bang Chicken
- Bread Machine Apple Breakfast Buns
- Wuxi Ribs
- Sweet, Sweet, Sweet Potato Quiche With Bacon and Mushrooms
- Authentic Beef Noodle
- Chipotle Bacon Bombs on a Stick