Shane (Sanford) Kerns is the mastermind behind Grilled Shane, a blog devoted to grilled cheese, and his newly released book, Melt: 100 Adventures in Grilled Cheese. While American cheese and white bread will forever remain a classic, Shane goes above and beyond that. It is not uncommon to see a broccoli florets or pecans in his grilled cheese. This nachos and cheese grilled cheese is a mash-up of two American dishes. Crunchy, spicy, and totally tasty, this grilled cheese is different and delicious.
Nachos and Cheese Grilled Cheese
1⁄4 pound sharp Cheddar cheese
1⁄8 pound Dubliner cheese
1 1⁄2 jalapeño peppers, to taste, small diced
1 uncooked pizza shell
7–9 whole yellow corn round tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Cut the Cheddar and Dubliner cheese into large chunks and place into a bowl. Microwave cheese on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until cheese is completed melted. Mix in jalapeño pieces, including the seeds. Set in refrigerator to coagulate, at least 15 minutes.
Using an oval mold of approximately 6.5” in diameter (length) or simply free form, cut two oval shapes into the pizza shell, creating a top and bottom for your sandwich.
Take homemade nacho cheese out of refrigerator and cut into chunks. Place chunks on 1 piece of pizza shell followed by whole tortilla chips and second oval pizza shell. Bake for 5–7 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
Cut in half and serve warm.
- 40 Incredible Grilled Cheese Creations With Recipes
- The Grilled Cheese Martini is a Comfort Food Cocktail
- Spicy Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese
- Southern Comfort: Pimento Cheese Burgers
- Blackberry and Ricotta Grilled Cheese and Other Friuty Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- The Suprisingly Good, Incredibly Easy Pickle Cheese Melt Recipe
- The Morris Grilled Cheese Truck Serves Sandwiches From an Old Police Van
- Light Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread
- Meatless Monday: Provençal Grilled Cheese
- Outrageously Delicious Balsamic Blueberry Grilled Cheese
- Broccoli and "Cheese" Soup
- Old Fashioned Mac and Cheese #SundaySupper
- Easy 30 minute ready potato “sails” with turkey ham, onion and cheese
- One Pan Lemon Chicken
- Barbecued Baby Back Pork Ribs and Bush's Grillin' Beans
- Healthy Chicken Nachos
- Apple, cinnamon and walnut rolls + cream cheese crispy rolls!
- Pumpkin Crème Soup with Shrimp, Cream Cheese and Basil
- Just in time for grill season, terrific tips for the perfect steak
- Roasted Asparagus with Egg Salad