Shane (Sanford) Kerns is the mastermind behind Grilled Shane, a blog devoted to grilled cheese, and his newly released book, Melt: 100 Adventures in Grilled Cheese. While American cheese and white bread will forever remain a classic, Shane goes above and beyond that. It is not uncommon to see a broccoli florets or pecans in his grilled cheese. This nachos and cheese grilled cheese is a mash-up of two American dishes. Crunchy, spicy, and totally tasty, this grilled cheese is different and delicious.
Nachos and Cheese Grilled Cheese
1⁄4 pound sharp Cheddar cheese
1⁄8 pound Dubliner cheese
1 1⁄2 jalapeño peppers, to taste, small diced
1 uncooked pizza shell
7–9 whole yellow corn round tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Cut the Cheddar and Dubliner cheese into large chunks and place into a bowl. Microwave cheese on high for 45 seconds to 1 minute, or until cheese is completed melted. Mix in jalapeño pieces, including the seeds. Set in refrigerator to coagulate, at least 15 minutes.
Using an oval mold of approximately 6.5” in diameter (length) or simply free form, cut two oval shapes into the pizza shell, creating a top and bottom for your sandwich.
Take homemade nacho cheese out of refrigerator and cut into chunks. Place chunks on 1 piece of pizza shell followed by whole tortilla chips and second oval pizza shell. Bake for 5–7 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
Cut in half and serve warm.
- The Grilled Cheese Martini is a Comfort Food Cocktail
- Campfire Cooking: 4 Recipes to Cook on Your Next Camping Trip
- 40 Incredible Grilled Cheese Creations With Recipes
- The Morris Grilled Cheese Truck Serves Sandwiches From an Old Police Van
- Super Easy Superbowl Nachos
- Must-Make Recipes for Your Memorial Day Barbecue
- Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Casserole
- Amazing Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Burger Recipe
- Loaded Irish Nachos will be a Super Bowl Hit
- How To Make A Supreme Plate of Nachos
- Old Fashioned Mac and Cheese #SundaySupper
- Super Nachos
- Grilled Sirloin finished with Black Pepper Chevre
- Puff pastry dough made easy!
- Broccoli and "Cheese" Soup
- Mexican Black Bean and Spice-Rubbed Tofu Torta with Puerto Rican inspired Tostones
- Button Mushrooms stuffed with minced meat with lemon basil and grapes.
- Philadelphia Cheesesteak Easy
- Potato, zucchini, red bell pepper, with bacon and herbs baked in a pot.
- Easy 30 minute ready potato “sails” with turkey ham, onion and cheese